Fidure WiFi Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fidure WiFi Thermostat

I search around, but could not find a mention about this product and wanted to know if anyone has any experience/knowledge with it (even google isn't being much help).

Every so often, I do a search around to see what new thermostats are out. The new omnistat looks quite nice, however, very pricey (I have need for two in my house, so ~$500). The new Intouch looks nice and to the point (I don't have a need for scheduling, if the computer is linked to it). The problem I have with both is I do not have any Z-Wave products in my house and do not foresee any immediate need for any, so I would have to buy another controller just for the thermostats. I also do not use Insteon.

So, today, browsing around I noticed this ($147/each):

WiFi Wireless Thermostat

Control Your Home Temperature From Anywhere in the World!1

Feature Summary:
    • Comfort AND Energy Saving
      Introducing the WT-A1Wifi a Wireless Programmable Thermostat that brings ultimate control, comfort, and energy saving to your home.
    • Modern, Advanced Technology
      The WT-A1WiFi is remarkably easy to program using a friendly and easy to follow application on your Home Computer. Imagine This: if you can navigate to this page, you can program this thermostat!100 Percent Guarantee: if you are not satisfied with the product, return it to Fidure, and we will refund 100% of the money you spent on the product!
    1 - Requires an existing PC or MAC with Internet connection in your facilities.
    2 - Actual Savings Depend on your local climate, the size of your house and your settings.
    http://www.fidure.com/WirelessThermoWifi.aspx

I have e-mailed them for more info (like anything such as an owners manual, etc) and am waiting to hear back. Looks like it could be promising, but at the same time, I'm hoping the protocol will allow some form of local network communication and not just another "log into this special website" to control.

Anyone else seen/heard anything on this? According to the website, they are available for order.

Interesting... Keep us posted

Not sure I would buy one, given the money I already invested in a RCS TXB 16 but I'm always on the lookout for new ideas also...

Comment

I am interested

This product looks great. But..
      1. There is a serious lack of information at the web site.
      2. When you go to their pay site it says it is https: but doesnt appear to be.
      3. Their domain registration is about to expire (Expiration Date: 04-sep-2008
      )

"My vote "Vaporware"

Comment

Originally posted by davistw2 View Post
        This product looks great. But..
        1. There is a serious lack of information at the web site.
        2. When you go to their pay site it says it is https: but doesnt appear to be.
        3. Their domain registration is about to expire (Expiration Date: 04-sep-2008
        )

"My vote "Vaporware"
        Yeah, unfortunately I think so as well. I have not received anything from my inquiry to their support address. I find companies like this really strange. Almost like they intended to possibly sell a product, but had the website produced long before they ever really went to market. It's pretty obvious when it only shows a computer generated rendering of the product. Did they not realize there are lots of different types of HVAC configurations of all things? In addition, what's up with the fact they have more information regarding the direction and vision of the company than the products themselves. I just laughed.

In addition, the whois for the domain uses SecureWhois, which is very strange for a company selling a product to hide who they truely are.

Anywho, looked like an interesting product at a decent price. Back to looking at z-wave solution I suppose.

Comment

Anymore on this thermostat ? I am looking for a WIFI thermostat suitable for vacation rental homes that has a simple display and very easy for the weekly renters to adjust . Here are some others - http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/ind...e=post&id=2277 , www.ecobee.com , www.lightstat.com /

-Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X