Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That idea has crossed my mind. I haven't tried it, and it may work perfectly, but my fear would be that the range of movement might need to be too great for it to work. The bed only moves MAYBE 1/4" when someone is on it.

Comment

http://www.loadstarsensors.com/index.html

These sensors are capacitive flat ones.

Not cheap- maybe 50 a piece and then the analog converter is maybe another $50.

Nice and flat for putting on the floor.

They say they have bluetooth and internet solutions available.
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

The $$$ break point is weather one only wants to know if somebody in on or off the bed, vs knowing how much they weigh when they are on the bed. On/off the bed being $ vs a weight scale being $$$. A good bit of this was covered in some previous similar discussions on knowing how much propane is in a propane tank at any given time.
        Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

a magnet on a fulcrum to amplify the range of movement from 1/4 in. to, say, 1 inch.

And maybe better - with 1/4 in. just use an opto-isolator chip. simple.

Comment

Originally posted by ttloadcells
            By the way wpiman your link is broken to the flat sensors...
            You do realize this thread is over 15 years old, right?
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

No need to apologize. Just wanted to be sure you didn't expect it to be in an active thread.
              BTW, welcome to the Board. It's a great community.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Working...
              X