leak frog on woot-off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leak frog on woot-off.

looks like a cute water leak detection thing. I got three of them. I'm hoping to tie it in to a ds10.

http://sellout.woot.com/Default.aspx...e669b4fc54d562

only lasts 1 day.
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

I've had something similar for a few years now. Made by Phillips and a bit more plain. I keep one next to the basement floor drain where I'd had a sewer backup three winters ago. I did have a quick look once with an idea to tie in a DS10 but didn't get anywhere. I think you might need to add a few components, ie a relay and transistor to drive it. The voltage to the buzzer is very low.
    If you do manage it, do post the results.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Ian,
      I was preparing to ponce on this thread thinking you had a typo in the title and I was going to post a bunch of crude responses. Imaging my disappointment when I found a Leak Frog was a real thing...

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
        Ian,
        I was preparing to ponce on this thread thinking you had a typo in the title and I was going to post a bunch of crude responses. Imaging my disappointment when I found a Leak Frog was a real thing...
        Well, while we're on the subject of typo's...it would be too easy for me to "ponce" on that one, wouldn't it :-)
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

You beat me to it. I'd not have been so kind.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Since we are all being critical here, my mistake was not a typo. I am a victim of the local public school system...

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
              I'd not have been so kind.
              He's a pastor, he has to be nice.
              I think that's in the Bible somewhere.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                He's a pastor, he has to be nice.
                I think that's in the Bible somewhere.
                Great, now I have to hurry and rewrite my sermon! It was going to be a really mean indictment of the public school system, but now I'll just tell everyone Bill said I couldn't. Guess I'll just have to teach the story of a guy named lucky falling asleep in church and plummeting to his death from the balcony. Paul interrupted church just long enough to bring him back to life, and kept on preaching all night long....good times!
                Plugins:

Comment

These are a lot less expensive and work perfectly connected to a DS10A.
                  http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/...oducts_id=1544
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    These are a lot less expensive and work perfectly connected to a DS10A.
                    http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/...oducts_id=1544
                    I may use them in the future for under sinks... however currently I have 1 that connects to my concord 4 alarm... I want the alarm company to call me!!!!!
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                    X