HRS1 Hawking Technology Battery Polling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HRS1 Hawking Technology Battery Polling

Just installed a Hawking Technology HRS1 contact door switch.

Seems to to communicating fine with Homeseer, but battery is reporting status every minute. I have tried configuring the device to poll once a day (1,440 minutes) by taking batteries out and/or pressing switch on back of device before I send configuration request in Homeseer device status page with poll parameters.

No luck so far. Does anyone have any advice. Battery is draining fast and log is filling up.

Mine is set for 60 minutes, and the log shows it reporting every 60 minutes. Are you using HomeSeer 2.3.0.0?
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Homeseer is beta version 2.2.0.135, Installer shows 2.3.0.0. Not sure what the difference is. I have been playing around with HSTouch and needed the beta version for compatibility.

Comment

2.3 is greater than 2.2.anything - it is the released version, so you can move off the beta. HSTouch requires a specific 2.2 version OR GREATER, so you will be fine.

Make the change and re-program the sensor and see if that resolves the issue.
        Regards,

Comment

Tink,

I downloaded and installed 2.3.0.0. I had thought I had the latest, but it appears that I just had the latest installer and not Homeseer.

I will need to pull the sensor off the garage door tomorrow and try to reconfigure. I will let you know if it works.

One question that I have for you, is that when I added the sensor to Homeseer I ended up with two devices. One is a "Z-Wave On/Off Sensor" and the other is a "Status Only" device that tracks the battery power. I assume this is correct? I also assume that I set the battery reporting interval on the "Z-Wave On/Off Sensor" device as the "Status Only" device does not appear to have any configuration options.

Thanks for the help.
          Last edited by GAZ; November 21, 2008, 05:48 AM.

Comment

After you install 2.3.0.0, you should delete the devices that you have, then go to the Z-Wave Controller Management page (/mnzw) and click on the Import Devices button. The reason is that it was in this release that we added support for these devices beyond what you got using the standard Z-Wave classes. The standard Z-Wave classes allowed HomeSeer to work with the devices in an acceptible way, but when we have specific knowledge of a device, then we key off of the manufacturer's identification in the device to enable special features. In this case, we create a device that says Open/Closed instead of On/Off, and we have one or two custom configuration options for the device. Allowing HS to re-create the devices will give you access to all of these new features.
            Regards,

Comment

Tink,

I followed your advice and as a result I got the HRS1 to report to stop reporting battery level every minute. I set it to report once a day. I will know tomorrow on the interval, but according to the log, so far so good.

I do note a minor discrepancy however, in that I did not see the customized special features (open & closed) for the HRS1 device that you referenced, but I can work with using the zwave values for the device in programing events, etc so it is no big deal.

Thank you for the assistance.

Comment

Working...
              X