Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ir matching vs ir sending

gentlement,

how does HS or the usb-uirt know whether i am using a learned ir cmd for ir matching vs sending? i can't find any info on this on this board or the uirt board.

I understand the ir pass-through issue, and I am not trying to do that.

side note: this ir stuff is like 1-wire stuff, hit or miss!
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

For me this was all trial and error plus hanging out on the usb-uirt board for a bit asking questions. It works really well but it does have a few idiosyncrasies, the sending and receiving of codes being one of them. I can't explain the why of it all, only that it's just the way of it's design. In my applications I use it mostly for sending, triggered by other than IR codes. Wall keypads, etc. I have half a dozen IR codes that I use only for IR matching to start HS events, they are not tied to any equipment I have and their only purpose is for use as matching codes. I can't explain why the uirt won't allow the use of codes that are in use for equipment as matching codes but it does seem to be that way.

I find the uirt to be a quality piece, once you discover it's strengths and weaknesses. In my theater room I have two IR systems, running on the same cat5 but ending in different racks in the equipment room. one goes to the uirt for matching the other goes to the A/V equipment in case I want to operate things manually from their remotes. Another short IR system goes from the uirt outputs to the equipment, which is where most of the IR is sent from to operate equipment, triggered either by a keypad press or a remote button that sends one of the matching codes.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

found this other thread that discusses ir matching

and the issues involved.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...light=ir+match

sounds like i have a registry problem
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

I missed that thread completely, i guess I've been rather lucky, not having had any of those issues. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed I don't, they look like a pain in the butt to resolve.

In that case I agree with your thought that this can be the same hit or miss that 1wire can be and we all know how well I did with 1wire and the master hub.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

well after verifying that my registry was correct (ie no dups, etc) i start relearning the usb-uirt with some of the the IR cmds that i was having problems with. And sure enough i got some of them working (but not all, strange). the key to using IR Matching is to do the 2nd step of the ir learning process correctly.

i ended up using an IR flasher like the following (from hometech.com) to aim back at the uirt. This way the uirt ir receiver is not blocked by a stick-on emitter which causes problems when learning or when testing with a remote aimed directly at it.

Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
            X