Window 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window 7

window 7 will be out soon, will HS 2.3 run on it, is HS ready for window 7.

If I were HST I wouldn't put a lot of effort into Windows 7 until after it is released. I wouldn't knock myself out making HS2 compatible on OS code that is subject to change.

Nice of you to start your wish list - Christmas , 10 months away.

~Bill

Comment

More aptly; Is Windows 7 ready for HS?
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Two funny posts for Wadenut today - go get yourself a cookie!

HST doesn't even support Server 2003 at this time.
        But you're alway welcome to step towards the bleeding ledge and try 7.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=410 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mainbody16nopadBlack bgColor=#3757a8 colSpan=2 height=18>
        HomeSeer HS2 / HSPRO Software System Requirements
        </TD></TR><TR class=mainbody12nopadBlack><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=mainbody12nopadBlack><TD>
        Operating System:
        </TD><TD>
        Windows 2000, XP, Vista
        </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

~Bill

Comment

window 7

BILL i shop for christmas in january to avoid the rush

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
            If I were HST I wouldn't put a lot of effort into Windows 7 until after it is released. I wouldn't knock myself out making HS2 compatible on OS code that is subject to change.

Nice of you to start your wish list - Christmas , 10 months away.
            I would disagree. One of the reasons MS distributes betas and pre-release code is so that software developers can work on assuring their products are compatible (including pointing out to MS where their changes might break the developers product).

At some point soon after release of Windows 7, new computers will come pre-loaded with Windows 7 and some HS owners may need to replace their servers due to problems. While they can probably order their new hardware with an old operating system for awhile, it would be nice if broadly used software like HS was compatible with newly released OS as soon as possible.

I have a few plugins/scripts that I distribute, and I try and test them as soon as possilbe on the newest releases of HS to make sure that as people upgrade to the newest release of HS, they don't have problems with my software.

Just my 2 cents,

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

window 7

TENHOLDE i agree with your post, I have use hs on xp pro for years, vista sucks,os now i am looking at window 7.solide state drive is out,HS2.3 runs fast on ssd.eneyone who try HS on window 7 please post your coment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                Two funny posts for Wadenut today - go get yourself a cookie!

HST doesn't even support Server 2003 at this time.
                But you're alway welcome to step towards the bleeding ledge and try 7.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=410 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mainbody16nopadBlack bgColor=#3757a8 colSpan=2 height=18>
                HomeSeer HS2 / HSPRO Software System Requirements
                </TD></TR><TR class=mainbody12nopadBlack><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=mainbody12nopadBlack><TD>
                Operating System:
                </TD><TD>
                Windows 2000, XP, Vista
                </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                runs fine on server2003 for me and I have a fairly complex install
                HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Windows 7 (I have been using it) is merely Vista with some of the bells and whistles removed/disabled or as options. I'm running it fine on a humble little Intel Atom dual-core mini-ITX motherboard with 2GB RAM (one stick). $69 motherboard + $25 memory. And a disk.

I have WORKGROUP shares working OK between Win 7 and XP.

Haven't tried HS on it. I wonder if the scripting server and so on for HS's web server will work?

Rumor is that the current beta version will timeout in August but Win 7 Release Candidate 1 will come out before then. After RC1, there will be a for-revenue version, perhaps in 2009

Comment

Working...
                  X