Shelf or Rck for CDs & DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelf or Rck for CDs & DVDs

Not home automation I know, but with having my CDs in my computer and my DVDs in the changers I was wondering what others are doing with the CDs and the DVD boxes. I am looking for suggestions on storing them or displaying them.

Thanks.

All of mine (over 500 combined) are in boxes, stored in the closet. Definetly no room to display them all!

Everything is ripped to the hard drives.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I think both DVD boxes and CD boxes are pretty unattractive things that just look cluttered and untidy wherever they go, so my aim is to get them all out of sight, and put everything onto cheap 1TB+ hard discs.

Ideally, the boxes can then go onto ebay, but I hate selling things on ebay so they will probably go into the back of a wardrobe somewhere

Comment

They're all in boxes in the garage. Hopefully I'll never have to see them again
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thanks. I have been leaning towards putting them away, just have to think of a place for them. Just wanted to see if anyone had a rack/shelf that didn't look too bad.

Comment

You could dig a hole in the back yard... call it a time capsule, or a geocache.
            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

That is good. I can see it in like 20 years......

"Grandpop, what are these silver discs in the ground"

Comment

hmmm... Maybe you ought to bury a CD player with them. By then, I'm sure they'll have gone the way of the 8-Track.
                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                X