Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What cool things are you doing with your iPhone/iPod Touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What cool things are you doing with your iPhone/iPod Touch?

Hey everyone - waiting for my current contract to run out so I can activate my iPhone.

There is so many things they can do I was wondering what the truly techie people are doing with their phones.

Thanks! Bill

~Bill

Bill,
    These things are amazing, you push a few buttons and they actually connect you to another person wirelessly. I couldn't resist. My grandparents live in the middle of nowhere and are amazed at the basics.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Hey - you stick with being the board genius and let me be the board smarta$$.

Happy Fathers' Day Greg! ~Bill

~Bill

Comment

The IPhone would be great if it was on a better network. Not much of a fan of AT&T these days.
        Last edited by Alconnell; June 19, 2009, 08:10 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
          Hey - you stick with being the board genius and let me be the board smarta$$.

Happy Fathers' Day Greg! ~Bill
          Now that's funny! Thanks for the well wishes.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
            Hey everyone - waiting for my current contract to run out so I can activate my iPhone.

There is so many things they can do I was wondering what the truly techie people are doing with their phones.

Thanks! Bill
            Well, I'm beginning to control my Elk, using the eKeypad Plus Iphone App. Google it, and you'll see its a very neat product that costs just a bit more than the price of a third party plugin. I'm having some connection problems, but working with the developer to resolve. Very good reviews, and lets you do almsot everything you can do via Elk-supplied softwar on a computer or via the Elk keypad.

Philly area has a great traffic webcam app, which is very helpful when trying to decide which route to take at rush hour - other areas likely do as well. Go to iTunes and spend a few minutes on the App page, and it may turn into an hour or more...

Best gadget I ever bought.

Joe
            Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

Using is to control my Sonos units when home. Their controller app is great.

Comment

Im using it to controll my 4 squeezeboxes around my condo and i find the ipeng software to be more userfriendly than the duet controller.

I also use x10 commander to execute HS events from my phone.

The BT support is way better with OS 3 so i hope that i now can use Stipus BT plugin to detect precense for me and my GFs iphones.

Controlling music and lights from the iphone ,besides HST, are the two main WAFs in my forever ongoing project.

I have very high hopes for HST iPhone edition

Comment

I use a VNC app and can control my HSTouch screens from the iPhone. I also control my iTunes library with the Remote app. The cool thing is that the HS iTunes plugin plays nicely with Remote app so I can control my whole house audio with it. I also use the iphone asp page that is floating around here as well....

Can't wait for the Home Seer app!!!!

Comment

I control iTunes via the "Remote" app. I also have a custom asp page that I use to control PandoraOne.

Steve Q
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I am using this app http://melloware.com/products/x10commander/ with it I can send any x10 command and initiate any homeseer event. I mostly use it to set my stereo rec. to music and the use the free apple remote app to access the music on my computer.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Now I'm dying to get this thing activated. It's fun enough on WiFi.

Cheers- Bill

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                        X