Suggested List Price: $45.95 Your Price: $53.62

Creative marketing at it's best I guess
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      Marks latest post on Wayne Dalton ...

OK, fair enough. My mistake.... Now, let's see if there are any Sherlock Holmes wanna-be's out there. Who can tell me how this happened? There is a logical explanation. Who's crafty enough to figure it out?
      Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Well, there is no sales tax in NH, so that's not it ...
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Should 53 have been 35?
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Michael,

If we can figure out the mystery behind the "discount", will you give us the secret of "polking" vs. poking? ;-)

It sounds like something related to a central european dance, but I can't be sure....

Steve

Comment

Mark,

It looks like you were calculating a discount but added the discount to the price instead of subtracting it.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                Marks latest post on Wayne Dalton ...

Hey guys, there is no great mystery here, Mark, as he admitted made a mistake, he was not meant to type the Suggested List price and his price should have been $55.95. He just got his fours and fives mixed up and ended up in sixes and twos.

Or, there is no mistake. Mark is spearheading the HomeSeer Honesty Pricing approach.
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Nobody has nailed it yet. I'll give you a little hint. I did not make a typing mistake.
                  Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Michael,

If we can figure out the mystery behind the "discount", will you give us the secret of "polking" vs. poking? ;-)

It sounds like something related to a central european dance, but I can't be sure....

Steve
                    I'll tell you even before unlocking the mystery. Polking is festive while poking can hurt.

OK, fair enough. My mistake....
                    Na ... it was intentional to generate additional buzz. It is the ways of the marketing mind and we all fell victum to the ploy.

Comment

Possibly copied and pasted into the thread?.. so although technically not your mistake.. still your mistake

Comment

Inflation as Mark was typing, the $ dropped. Or, he let his 5 year old Son enter it - he is going to make a lot of money when he grows up. :
                        sigpic
                        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

how about maybe their formula for calculating a sales price, is their cost plus a percentage that they'd like to profit.

Which just happens to be higher than the MSRP... meaning that the manufacturer is cutting into homeseer's profit by not selling at a good enough discount, or them setting their MSRP too low.
                          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Some really interesting theories. Unfortunately, I'm not that crafty. Trojan got the closest. Here's what happened: Instead of creating a brand new product in the store, I copied an existing one; in this case, the HA09C handheld controller. While I managed to change everything else, I forgot about the list price.

So, the Teleport went live with the HA09C list price.

Thanks for playing. Nobody wins the car this time.
                            Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

I know, I know! If you receive TARP Bailout money you only have to pay $45.95. If you're a regular tax payer who takes personal responsibility for your actions, you get to pay $53.62!

-Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                              HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Working...
                              X