Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thymer
    replied
    I'm running a Creative SB audigy2 WDM PCI on my wintel 2003 server. This card like most is not supported by 2003 soooo.... I found this really cool thing:

http://kb.kxproject.lugosoft.com/howto

It's a app and drivers for the sound card. It's a little hairy to setup but it does work and it's reliable.

Leave a comment:

• jackpod
    replied
    If you can find it I would appreciate it

Thanks

Jack

Leave a comment:

• thymer
    replied
    Originally posted by jackpod View Post
    Anyone have suggestions for a good sound card that will run on server 2003? to complicate things, how about a multiple channel sound card? I have been using the M-Audio 1010lt 10 channel sound card for several years, but want to run a server OS, and the M-Audio line of cards will not load on Server 2k3. Tired of the cheap desktop hardware that doesn't last and the desktop OS's that need to be constantly rebooted. Everything else runs fine on server except the sound card and thats kinda important for a music/video server
    I finally made this happen, search the old threads here from me about audio and it'll show up. There is a freeware app out there that has to be run to make it work but it works great. If you can't find it let me know and I'll look tonight.

Leave a comment:

• jackpod
    started a topic sound card suggestions

sound card suggestions

Anyone have suggestions for a good sound card that will run on server 2003? to complicate things, how about a multiple channel sound card? I have been using the M-Audio 1010lt 10 channel sound card for several years, but want to run a server OS, and the M-Audio line of cards will not load on Server 2k3. Tired of the cheap desktop hardware that doesn't last and the desktop OS's that need to be constantly rebooted. Everything else runs fine on server except the sound card and thats kinda important for a music/video server
Working...
X