Linksys WRT350N troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linksys WRT350N troubles

I have a Linksys WRT350N that I recently decided to utilize the storage feature on. I started with just a share to the device, this appeared to be a wonderful, everything working as advertised. The next morning nothing on the network could find the share. A power cycle of the unit brought everything back so I didn't think much of it. After a few days the share was gone again. I started googleing for a solution as well as the Linksys forums. One suggestion was to enable all the features (UPNP media server, FTP server) so I tried that also. I also tried another drive with the same results. UltraMon shows the UPNP media server going from Alive to Troubled randomly (anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours between changes). It doesn't appear to make a difference if the media server is in use or not when the device goes troubled. Video and audio will continue to play via the media server even when the device goes troubled or when the share goes away. Then in hours or days (when it decides) nothing will work on the storage link and it will require a power cycle to return operation. No interruptions in either the wired or wireless networks when the problem occurs only the storage link.

Anyone have some ideas on solutions?
Working...
X