Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New DEC (Leviton) flood light 6417

Hi All,
    I have three of these devices and finally installed one. The light works (haven't checked the motion yet) and I can manually send it on/off commands from HS through the X10 control panel.

My question is what type of device(s) do I claim when I am adding it to HS? I assume you use the Add Device button and then choose the X10 address. The trick, I guess, is knowning what Device Type to use from the pull down menu. Or, is there a better way to add this X10 device?

Also, is there a way to determine the motion sensor status? (I'm guess not)

Thanks,

You can create your own device type or use a lamp module if these dim or appliance module if they do not dim.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

You could try watching the log when the motion sensor is tripped and see what command is sent just before the light turns on.

I use the PR511's from X10 and I use one device for the motion sensor and another for the light itself.

Much easier than remembering where you set those slider buttons.
      Neil
      Newmarket Ontario

Comment

I currently use outside hardwired IR sensors directly connected to my alarm panel. These tend to be more expensive and different than internal ones. All of my external lighting (including low voltage) is connected to powerline interfaces. Where I live we are not allowed spotlights outside (part of the HOA rules). I use both HS and the panel itself to trigger outside lighting. IE: If there is any motion outside say around 0300 every outside light goes on. My security cameras once captured a large Coyote walking the edges of my property line. Many years ago did use a PR511 in my old home and in its use decided it didn't work as well as I expected or depended on. Years ago in my old home I also used a "photobeam" using IR beamed to a reflected across about 50 feet or so across the driveway and it worked well.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
        HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Volvernon View Post
          My question is what type of device(s) do I claim when I am adding it to HS? I assume you use the Add Device button and then choose the X10 address. The trick, I guess, is knowning what Device Type to use from the pull down menu. Or, is there a better way to add this X10 device?
          I think calling it an appliance module is probably the most accurate, but you could also call it a lamp. It will just ignore dim commands anyway.
          Also, is there a way to determine the motion sensor status?
          If it is like the X10Pro PHS01, motion is reported on up to four X10 addresses just above the one you assign to the flood. (The address given to the flood only allows you to turn it on or off using X10, it does not transmit motion sense.) You'll probably only need to activate one motion address. If you create a device for that code you can call it a motion sensor. That will allow you to track the state of the motion sensor and you will also be able to use its state in events.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
          X