Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative to PR511 DEC (Leviton) flood light 6417

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Alternative to PR511 DEC (Leviton) flood light 6417

    I have one of these left on the back of my house. Now it has a tendency to switch from its K1 setting to K15! I don't think it's noise. I can reliably see it at K15 on my ACT AT004 meter with no noise or garbled codes. Also, it is sending K15 on and I can control it easily and repeatedly at K15.
    After I flip the breaker, it seems to revert to K1.
    I have had just about enough of these units. I used to have 3 and the X10 signal floods, etc are getting the best of me.
    What approaches have you taken to duplicate the functionality of the PR511 ?
    I would like to at least have an option to keep the floods and control intact in the box itself. I just don't have a good idea to replace the motion sensing. I would like to move away from the X10 eagle eyes but stay wireless back to homeseer.
    You would think that over all the years that these have existed, they would have made them work instead of just producing the same design.

    #2
    I use X10 motion sensors along the back of my house to detect motion. Then HomeSeer processes the motion via the W800 receiver and turns on a relay that controls the lights. Works really well as the motion sensors all point north witch prevents the sun from triggering the motion sensors.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

    Comment


      #3
      I also have the same problem occasionally with the PR511 floodlights. I found if you rotate the address code dials back & forth a few times. it cures the problem for a while.

      It's not a good answer for floods that are hard to get at, so I am also looking for a better product.

      Comment


        #4
        Ran into the same thing here.
        Running the VX-402 : standard model through the ocelot and the lights are on a zwave switch.
        Stuart

        http://www.optexamerica.com/productp...l1=2&l2=&id=22

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by TallTM View Post
          I also have the same problem occasionally with the PR511 floodlights. I found if you rotate the address code dials back & forth a few times. it cures the problem for a while.

          It's not a good answer for floods that are hard to get at, so I am also looking for a better product.
          Yep, mine will go back to normal some a period of time doing the same thing.

          Comment


            #6
            I installed Optex L-402s on either side of the house. Installed regular floodlights and then replaced the wall switches that controlled them with UPB. Then Homeseer is set to only turn on the floodlights if motion is detected after dark.

            The 402s are very flexivle and can be adjusted for sensitivity, etc.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Stuart View Post
              Ran into the same thing here.
              Running the VX-402 : standard model through the ocelot and the lights are on a zwave switch.
              Stuart

              http://www.optexamerica.com/productp...l1=2&l2=&id=22
              I have one that I haven't installed. Do they work just as well in the cold winter weather?
              James

              Running HS 3 on Win10 .

              Comment


                #8
                I replaced mine with regular floods as well, and went with UPB switches. However, for the motion sensors, I went with wirelss motion sensors connected to the ELK.

                Originally posted by JohnBoy70_99 View Post
                I installed Optex L-402s on either side of the house. Installed regular floodlights and then replaced the wall switches that controlled them with UPB. Then Homeseer is set to only turn on the floodlights if motion is detected after dark.

                The 402s are very flexivle and can be adjusted for sensitivity, etc.
                HS: 2.5.0.60
                Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
                Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
                Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

                HSeer: 3.0.0.54
                Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
                Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
                UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
                Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

                Comment


                  #9
                  James,
                  They work fine in the winter.
                  Stuart

                  The only thing to be concerned with them is that they dont face directly into the sun.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X