Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to xmit IR to next room (not via PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to xmit IR to next room (not via PC)

I am finally moving into our theater room, and do not have line of sight from the seating area to the a/v room right off the theater room. I can easily run wires through the wall. I have a bunch of IR emitters for use w/ my Secu16IR, but i don't have any special hardware that can pass a signal through the wire directly to the emitter. any ideas?

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Have you looked into a standard IR connecting block? For example:
    http://www.amazon.com/XANTECH-CB20-1.../dp/B001PR8DS8
    You can also get ones capable of handling multiple zones, but that doesn't sound like what you are looking for.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      Have you looked into a standard IR connecting block? For example:
      http://www.amazon.com/XANTECH-CB20-1.../dp/B001PR8DS8
      You can also get ones capable of handling multiple zones, but that doesn't sound like what you are looking for.
      What do you connect to this to receive the ir and what do you connect to this to "transfer" the ir to the other room and then what emits the IR on the other end?
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

It sounds like all you really need is an in the cabinet link. These are made by everyone from smarthome to channel vision, buffalo, xantech and others. The list is endless and they all work well. The only thing you have to watch is which IR reciever you get if you have a plasma TV.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
        X