Strange "On" happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange "On" happening

Homeseer runs on a dedicated PC 24/7. The interface is an ACT103. I have a few HR12A's and TM751's scattered about. Homeseer has FLAWLESSLY logged all events whether initiated by Homeseer, a PC opn the network, of by one of the HR-12A/TM751. Recently, one light, controlled by an X10 wall switch, goes "on" several times a day, and there is no trace of this in the HS log. If this "on" was coming from an outside source, like a neighbor, I have to believe the log would reflect it, as it does all of the wireless activity generated locally. SO....what do you think can cause this light to come on? It happens about 12-20 times a day, at all times of the day and night

Tom:

I don't know what wall switches you are using, but I had that problem with two RWS17s made by X10. The problem was the switches themselves.

mark

Comment

Noise on the power line can also turn on and off lights on occasion.

-Rupp
      ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

One other possibility is older X10 modules. I had several that would spontaneously turn on for no reason. It seems that they were being triggered by momentary power dropouts (same as local control). When I changed them out with newer modules, the problem went away.

Comment

It's Summer!

In Summer everyone turns on their air conditioners and the voltage drops in a lot of neighborhoods. For example, I often get voltages in the low 90's and two of my lights turn themselves on at least 10 times a day. I get frustrated and switch them off using the bulb change switch.

It won't log to HomeSeer and I think that it is simply that the X10 receivers think that they are being turned off and on during the momentary sags in voltage and therefore switch themselves.

Just my $.02

Doug

Comment

Working...
          X