Netmeeting on XP at login - question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netmeeting on XP at login - question

My Homeseer PC runs XP Pro. I don't run HomeSeer as a service, but rather under a use login. When I reboot the machine using a netmeeting connection from my "main" pc (XP too), and restart netmeeting, I go through the Netmeeting login/password and wind up with the window on my Netmeeting session showing the loging screen of the distant PC. Fine. BUT, that login display is incomplete - only half of the screen id drawn. The thingie you click on with the user name isn't displayed.

I am able to hunt around with the mouse cursor and get enough of a display to login.

Maybe a bug. ANyone know how to improve this situation?

Maybe I should give the remote terminal capability (instead of netmeeting) another try too. Too hard to quicly understand.

Are you saying that the login screen for netmeeting isn't completly showing? If the machine is not part of a network the login box for NM look different. It will only have a password input box I believe.

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

For a cold-booted remote PC running XP, my local XP computer's NetMeeting window is missing the display of the username to click on in order to get a prompt for the password. This is the XP new-style login screen.

If I click on the lower half of the Netmeeting window which is all black, the login name and graphic flash a bit. And with enough clicking in the blind, I eventually click on the right spot and a password data entry box appears.

Weird.
      After I login, the display behaves perfectly.
      It's just the login screen. Same thing happens if I logout via Netmeeting.

Comment

What are the color setting on the PC that is not displaying the full login screen. I had a problem one time becuase I was running 2 different color settings on the 2 sharing PCs.

-Rupp
        ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X