flourescent light question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flourescent light question ?

I am using an x10 appliance module to control some special flourescent fish tank lighting. I don't need to dim them only on and off at different times of the day. I have a noticed a problem however and I wonder if there is a resolution. When the lights turn off using the x10 module and not the ballast switch, they will come on again at some period of time. I think this is because of the energy left in the ballast circuit, and after a while it feeds back to the module and the noise of the backcharge puts the module in the on state.

Any ideas?

You can go here:

http://www3.edgenet.net/lingling/xindex.html

and look up Appliance module mods. Basically what you need to do is disable the local current sense of the module. This will require you modifying the module by removing a 1N4004 Diode inside the module.
    There is a diagram of the schematic and pic of the Diode that will be clipped.

WinXP Pro, AMD XP1800, Asus A7V333 MB, 1Gb DDR RAM, (2) WD 100Gb Special Edition HD, Five channel Digital Audio. JDS TimeCommander & IR-XP2. And a buncha HA stuff.

[This message was edited by Kschorz on Friday, 30 August 2002 at 01:13 PM.]

Comment

Well; I modified the module and I hope this cures the problem. Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X