powerline seems clear but ...... blackout area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

powerline seems clear but ...... blackout area

Question for anyone that has gone throught this.

I have a meter on X10 powerline plugged into the troubled ( black out) outlet and see no
    noise / in background.

I have a outlet that seems to not allow transmission from the transmitter (a cm11a) only on this 1 outlet in a bedroom.

I see a transmit on J1 and see the transmission on the LEDS... but the module (s) do nnot respond.
    Tried many here .

If I plug a transmitter in same room no problem transmissing and receiving to this outlet works.

It is as if something is blocking the signal to this outlet but does not show up on the powerline itself or on a X10 meter "the ESM type with LEDS"

Any ideas to sleuth this out ??

Thanks in advance [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Its more than likely a signal strength problem. Does your meter display strength of the signal?

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Rupp,

Yes I see a level of 2.5 ish when a long distance transmission is done.... is this not enough to fire a module ? (using ELK ESM1)

I wouldn't think so ...

I can't seem to identify any home changes for the last 9+ months , let alone the last 4 days.

Everything has been amazingly working ...cm11a and everything ! ... but now I think this indicates a lower than needed output to trigger ?

I was not sure if levels like I have are borderline. I can add some powerline filters to PC and TV's and try again.

Maybe they are adding to the background noiselevel ?

Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
      HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

You stated you had plugged a transmitter in the room for testing and it works on the modules. Test the signal strength with the transmitter to see what level signal your getting. This will at least give you something to compare to. Do you have a couple/repeater?

-Rupp
        ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X