What is Winamp and NowPlaying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Winamp and NowPlaying?

I've seen a lot of references to these two HA components on this board. Can someone give me a brief description of them? Thanks.

Winamp is an MP3 player :http://www.winamp.com/

NowPlaying is a set of asp pages that interfaces with various information about MP3 files such as title, album art work, etc. I would recommend starting at the beginning of the thread and study your way through the NowPlaying information.

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I currently use CDJ (CD Jukebox) to control my Sony CD players. It also has the capability of playing MP3s. How does Winamp compare to CDJ? If Winamp is better, can it co-exist with CDJ?

Comment

Winamp has a wider user community with a variety of plugins that perform functions not available with CDJ. For example I use the spinamp plugin to obtain streaming media using winamp and store the result of the stream in the CDJ library to be played later with CDJ/NowPlaying(NPFrame).

Each has its niche and both can coexist. Musicmatch also has some nice features and it can cohabitate as well. I use it to convert CDs into the CDJ library and I know my daughter uses it to burn her CDs and download to her portable MP3 player.

Each has something to offer unless you need a swiss army knife solution then use each to its advantage.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can find in the other threads.

[This message was edited by DC on Monday, 16 September 2002 at 01:47 PM.]

Comment

Working...
          X