Odd Happenings w/ x-10 Light Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Happenings w/ x-10 Light Switch

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or any suggestions for my frustrating problem.
    I have the regular x-10 wall switches hooked up to my kitchen and dining room lights. They worked fine for several months, then all of a sudden, my dining room light decided it didn't want to turn off anymore. The switch still works, it turns on, off, dim, only now, off=50% dim, so the entire range from on to off covers 100% on to 50% dim.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks

It happened after I added a X-10 3-way to my entry hall. The chandelier has 2 low-wattage bulbs. One was burned out. Since it was a new installation, I figured I had mis-wired. I checked it several times. Then it dawned on me that I couldn't have wired it wrong because I could turn it on and dim it. Just couldn't turn it off.

So, I replaced the burned out bulb. Viola. There wasn't enough current draw for the thing to work with one small bulb as the load was too light.

Did you replace the bulb with a smaller one recently?

Comment

I don't know which switches you're using, but the X10 RWS17 and RWS19 are rated down to 40 watts. below that, X10 claims they will "operate erratically" (what's their excuse ABOVE 40w). I believe the WS467 has the same limitation, though it's not documented.

Comment

Working...
      X