Meteor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meteor

I'm in the UK, and therefore HomeseerPhone is a non-starter. I have found that Concept Devices sell PC Caller - a serial device that listens for UK style (dammed BT) caller ID signals, looks up a database, runs scripts, applications etc and announces the caller before the phone rings. It sounds great and at £69 is reasonably priced. Before I commit my hard earned dosh, has anyone tried it, and can they recommend it?

Cheers!

[This message was edited by Jez on Saturday, 24 August 2002 at 10:24 AM.]

Before you buy, take a look at
    http://www.pathwaydata.co.uk/CallerI...cts.asp#METEOR

The Meteor is a well used and loved serial CID unit in the UK (and I think there is a homeseer plugin around). I havent got one of these but it always gets good press on the UKHA site www.automatedhome.co.uk

Comment

Ooooooh, now this looks interesting, but I'm trying to figure out why I would want a plug-in to HomeSeer. What does the plug-in do for me?

Comment

If you do not wish to use HSP, Patrick Lidstone's plugin will interface a Meteor unit with HS. Check it out here
        If you fancy using HSP then I have written a plugin which will bring it all together.

It is still a work in progress but it is available here

Good luck!

Justin.

Comment

Justin

Does your HS Phone - Meteor plugin support the latest Meteor hardware?
          I've tried Patrick's Homeseer plugin, but it doesn't work properly because it was designed for the early hardware. It increases the event counter at every ring (not each phone call) and also registers a call when I make a call!

Cheers

Jez

Comment

Anyone out there using Justin's Homeseer Phone/Meteor plugin?

Comment

Jez,

Justin's plugin works fine with the latest Meteor & HSP.

I use my old Sportster 56K Message Modem together with the Meteor which are both plugged into the telephone socket.

With Justin's plugin, both Caller ID (from the Meteor) & Voice (using the Sportster) are integrated to make HSP work as if it were from a modem with both these functions incorporated.

Jon
              Jon

Comment

I'm so close to getting Justin's HSP Meteor plugin working, it works on my test PC, but on my live PC, it doesn't. In the HS log, I get "Comms error (Break received)" when a call comes in. Justin, if you're there, any idea what my problem is?

Cheers

Comment

Jez,

Check that all your comms ports are working correctly in Windows. Then make sure that you have your CM12 (for HS), the Meteor & your modem on 3 different ports and correctly allocated. The Meteor comms port is found under interfaces in HS.

Jon
                  Jon

Comment

Working...
                  X