X-10, Video, Automation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-10, Video, Automation

I'm just dipping my toes into the video pool, and would like some advice. I got the 3-camera XCam deal, I got the cameras set up, got the remote programmed, and have the video receiver plugged into my ATI Rage II+. I can see the video when I bring up the TV tuner program in ATI and switch to composite. So far so good. Now for my questions:
    1) What can I do to have the motion detector kick on the ATI TV Tuner? That's gonna be a script with some keypress statements in it, I'm guessing.
    2) How do I get to the next level? Such as capturing a snapshot from the video, saving it, emailing, etc.? Do I need more hardware for that, or is the ATI card sufficient?
    3) What does X-Ray vision do for me?

Thanks for any advice.

Frankie Satin

There has been much discussion on this subject on the board in the past. ATI and WinTV are the most discussed direct computer interfaces. Using the serach feature should provide some interesting reading.

I have an ATI card I no longer use. At the time I last used it there was no automation interface for it and the Send Keys is the only alternative.

I'm aware of two capture methods. One is with the video interface. I do not know if ATI supports it. The other is with the software that can be used to broadcast the video via a web interface. Ivista, webcam32, visionGs are all products that I have used in the past and I think each will do capture. Once captured, delivery can be done with any homeseer capability.

Xray vision is of no value to you.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael McSharry:
      There has been much discussion on this subject on the board in the past. ATI and WinTV are the most discussed direct computer interfaces. Using the serach feature should provide some interesting reading.

I have an ATI card I no longer use. At the time I last used it there was no automation interface for it and the Send Keys is the only alternative.
      <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't believe it...it freakin' works and its SIMPLE. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] ATI actually has shortcut keys for everything I want to do (so far). LAUNCH ATIMMC /TV+ to get the TV tuner running, X10 C2 ON to turn on the camera, then when the motion clears, CTRL-X ENTER to save the captured video, X10 C2 off turns off the camera, and ALT-F4 to close the program. The only part I haven't gotten to work is the CTRL-X ENTER, but I'm sure I'll figure that out.

Thanks for the advice!

FS

Comment

Xrayvision is one of the worst pieces of software ever inflicted on humanity. Avoid it at all costs.

Comment

Working...
        X