Multiple X-10 switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple X-10 switch?

Currently in my living room I have an overhead light controlled by a wall switch. The wall switch box has a direct run from house AC, neutral, etc. The fixture is terminated at the wall switch box. I currently use Leviton HCS-08s and HCS-06s around the house for other fixtures, and I could replace this switch with and HCS-06 no problem. But what I want to do is control 3 other x-10 modules from this same switch location in addition to the fixture hardwired to the switch. Is there a leviton controller that would allow me to replace the current hardwired switch and give me additional control over three other devices? I see a bunch of things from PCS and Leviton that look like multiple device controllers that replace a single wall switch but I am not sure they do what I need.

I am willing to open up the wall and install another electrical box next to the original one, but only as a last resort. The switch is in a high visability location and is already right below a TR-36 thermostat, and I am trying to avoid making the wall start to look like the console of the starship enterprise...

HomeSeer Status

Those multiple-switch items you refer to do not control a lamp, they only transmit (with high reliability since they're not dependent on RF) commands. (At least all the ones I know of are like that, including the one I installed in a similar situation in my kitchen.)

To do what you want without adding in a second box, about the only way I can see is to put an inside-the-wall (hidden) box and put an inline module into that. However, I don't think there are inline modules that work as lamp modules (with dimming, I mean), only as appliance modules. (I could be wrong.)

Nucleus Home Automation | System Specs
    News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Worthington has an in-line dimmer module.
      This is exactly how I set up control of lights and a ceiling fan in my bedroom.

Dick Masson
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Working...
      X