No announcement yet.

Predict icing conditions on cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some of our local tv stations have a weather section that lists if there is frost as part of the forecast. Check your local tv stations online. I also want to automatically start my car as soon as I get up in the morning (since the house already knows when I wake up using motion sensors). Now I gotta stumble to my desk and remote start it. I can't hack my current remote starter since I only got 2, both me and my wife use them, and I have no room to add more remote fobs to my current security system. I can't use some sort of RF generator since the codes are unique (part of the Ford security package), so if anyone comes up with a good solution, let me know .

The only thing I can think of is come up with some sort of docking cradle and external connectors on the remote starter remote control that when it's docked, homeseer can start the car using a Univeral module (not powerflash since a PF unit monitors), and still have the buttons work too in case it isn't docked but on my keychain. Then the other problem is, I have to keep the start button pushed for 3 seconds, is this something a universal module can do?
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Rupp

You Da Man!

Santa brought Momma a remote car starter. WAF is at an all time HIGH! I've been running a set of calculations to predict icing as described above, and have Leon (the HS computer) "suggest" she start the car early.

....all is calm, all is bright...

Happy new year!

Tom

Comment

If WAF = 'Wife Aggravation Factor' then shouldn't you be striving for a 'low'. This subject is often a topic in this house...

Also, for my frost checker (based on weather web page temp and humidity reports), I hooked a night-light to a lamp module that is visible from my bed so it will go on in case of actual frost.

WAIT! Here's an idea. If there is frost, have something spray hot water straight from the water heater on the frozen windshield for her [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

wrb

~Bill

Comment

hot water will only freeze faster (assuming it is still freezing outside when you wake up). WAF usually stands for Wife Appreciation/Acceptance Factor. Happy new year!
          HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
          (aka xplosiv)
          Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

I assumed that wifes would not have the appreciation and tollerance that males would have when it comes to this cutting edge technology, so I assumed the negative.

The hot water remark was in reference to all the cracking windshields that would happen across the country.

I guess not everyone is hung over, message board is moving early today!!!

Cheers! (Hair of the dog)

~Bill

Comment

I saw this on the National Instruments webpage and thought it would come in handy. I would think it could be done pretty easy with Homeseer and some digital I/O.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/prenticeh...9?opendocument

John
              John

Comment

Working...
              X