Two-Way Power Line Interfaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two-Way Power Line Interfaces

Included in my boxes for my HomeVision and also my RCS TX15-B Thermostat were Two-Way Power Line Interfaces. I see the mention of the CM11A Interfaces all over this message board. My Interface says X-10 Pro Model: PSC05 on the back. Is mine junky? Advantages or disadvantages between them? Should I replace them for the CM11A model?

The TW-523/PSC-05 and the CM11A are not interchangeable. Your device was designed to work with one or the other. If it came with what you bought, then it's the one you need.

-----------------------------
    If you don't know what you're doing... do it neatly.

Comment

What are you attempting to do?

-Rupp
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
        What are you attempting to do?

-Rupp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simply to understand the quality of each component I have now or am about to purchase as I plan my Home Automation setup. With the Power-Line Interface, I keep seeing the CM11A model pop up here and I noticed mine wasn't that model, So I inquired about the quality of mine in the whole sceme of things.

Comment

The CM11A is a power line communicator that connects to a computer and sends and receives x10 signals. The PSC05 is a device that also sends and receives x10 signals but is designed to connect to another piece of hardware other than a computer, like you tstat. As the previous thread stated they can not be interchanged. If you looking for an interface between a software package and the powerline then the CM11A is one of a few different interfaces. It one of the cheapest and has proven to be a reliable piece of hardware. If your short on com ports there is a new device that uses USB that HomeSeer Tech sells.

http://homeseer.american-data.net/Me...egory_Code=X10

Good luck and welcome to the HS BB.

-Rupp
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X