OK to place an IntelliSense Glass Breakage sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK to place an IntelliSense Glass Breakage sensor

about 6 inches away from a ceiling PA speaker (my Homeseer announcement)?

Any chance that the sound could set off the breakage sensor? I would think not but......

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

I have a intellisense glass break detector about 20 feet away from my main stereo, the stereo easily sets it off when I crank it up loud. Since I keep it bypassed when I am home it is not a problem. I know that a ceiling speaker is not going to be as loud as my stereo, but it will be closer, so I would expect the speaker to occasionally set off your glass break detector.

HomeSeer Status

Comment

I have the FG-1025 which is a dual technology unit. The guy advised me to get this one to avoid false triggers.

The Ademco guy, after I begged to get him to speak to me, said that I could put it about 1 to 2 feet away from a PA type speaker that never gets much louder than conversation level (which is about where my HS audio gets). Ademco only likes to talk to listed professionals and they make it really hard for consumers to do anything.

Any alarm 'guys' out there with programming experience on an Ademco 4140XMP panel? I do need to add these sensors to my panel yet.

I would really love to get the software for setting these panels! And what the correct setup is in the panel so I can locally attach a PC or even HS for that matter if you could figure out the command set.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
      The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

Comment

Working...
      X