Warspying - spy on x10 wireless camera's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warspying - spy on x10 wireless camera's

Seems theres a new fad going around. In the article they describe how to use a X10 video receiver in your car to spy on wireless video cameras as you drive around town.Warspying

Tom

I wonder how they pick up anything at all. This would probably only work in a city the size of New York.

-Rupp
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

A big ole yagi antenna (like 24dBi gain) will do wonders, if connected to replace the Xcam's patch antenna. These are not too expensive - check out CushCraft. They are very directional. You might be better off with 12-16 dB gain.

But, gee, what are you going to see that's so doggone interesting, anyway!

Comment

In most, if not all, states electronic eavesdropping is a crime. In most states intercepting a wireless telephone conversation, even just LISTENING (not recording), is specifically illegal. The statutes may not explicitly say intercepting wireless VIDEO transmissions is illegal but it would be very likely that a court would interpret the law that way.

For sure I would be careful about posting "personal experiences" on a public message board!

Check out this link:

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/states.html

Comment

It's a whole lot easier to sit at your house and go to my web site than walk around hoping to get a signal. Got notin' to hide here.

-Rupp
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X