Any replacements for the PR511?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any replacements for the PR511?

I still had one in service. It started sending the unit code over and over again. I replaced it with one I had in a box and I am still getting the repeats. The one I had in a box was one I had used but was considered a spare.

Guess it's time to finally get rid of the last one.

Has anyone found a direct replacement for the PR511? I haven't seen one that was an improved, more reliable version built by anyone else.

So far, I will probably just put an MS16a exterior EagleEye in its place.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

I finally gave up on these as they kept dying and installed a "outdoor" eagle eye along with a new light switch to control my flood lights.

-Rupp
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I am putting it. It doesn't get direct sunlight and it's shielded from wind etc. by the side wall by my front door. I am JBWelding the PR511 electrical box arm to the back of the MR16a so I can mount it directly in place of the PR511. Since that box is already mounted in my soffit, I needed it to look like it belonged there. Plus, I will be able to aim it a little better.

I was looking at those Optex units tonight but it's getting too hot in the attic to run a new low voltage line up to the front door.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Comment

Elaborate.

-Rupp
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Suspect he means these:--

Optex

Comment

I googled Optex and found "OpTex DV Anamorphic Attachments".

I hope he didn't mean that. I am afraid I would get arrested using something with words like that in it.

I stay away from "those" sites......

I am trying to find out more on their wireless 402 unit. It says it has pet immunity and sunlight interference rejection. My driveway unit I got from Home Depot is pretty bad on that account but it's still way better than the PR511 used to be in the sun.

I may just go hardwired if I can get a good day in the attic but that's getting questionable now unless I plan on broiling myself.

SteveP

Comment

I have to agree with Rupp, the 511 quality seems to change from unit to unit and at times has a complete mind of it's own. I replaced several with MR16A's and have not looked back once.

Peace,

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X