Modifying a Hawkeye via Ido Bartana's hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying a Hawkeye via Ido Bartana's hack

I did a search and can't find any reference to this problem on the board so I'm asking...

I'm doing the Hawkeye hack to make it a doow/window sensor. When I connect the wires together, the haywkeye sends the "on" command. When I seperate the wires, it sends to off command but the red LED stays on for as long as I keep the wires apart. BTW, I'm using a N/O door/window sensor from Radio Shack.

I then mod'd another one, just in case I screwed up the first one. Same thing. I can't imagine that this is normal behavior since I think it would drain the batteries.

Am I supposed to clip the wire to the LED? Should I use a N/C switch instead?

I've done that mod a bunch of times and have never seen that problem.
    Did you use the correct resistor and cut the jumper wire?
    That's all I could think of off the top of my head.

Dan-O
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

I have also done that mod a few times and have not had that problem. No, I never clipped the lead to the LED and I'm currently using a N/O switch for my garage door.

The only thing I can think of is that your reading/seeing something incorrectly in the instructions and making the same mistake on both sensors?

Comment

Which motion sensor are you using?
        I have only tried in on the white MS13a's

Dan-O
        Dan-O
        HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

I tried this on the MS13A and the newest MS16A. Same results. Let me go check on the value of the resister that I used...

Oops. That's it. I used a 10 Ohm resister, not a 10K one. Sometimes you can get so wrapped up in someting that you overlook the obvious.

Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Working...
          X