Humidity Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team,

I seem to have a requirement or idea that has not be addressed yet by anyone. When someone walks into the bathroom (e.g. motion) and the LUX level is below 25 I want to kick on the hue's in the bathroom. I'm all good with that bit but then I want to wait 10 minutes and if the humidity is on the increase (probably more complex) or above 55% I want to leave the lights on because someone is in the shower or tub. Basically when the humidity drops back down after 15 minutes I want the lights to go back off.

Any thoughts on the best logic for this requirement?

Comment

Originally posted by jasonhollis View Post
      Team,

I seem to have a requirement or idea that has not be addressed yet by anyone. When someone walks into the bathroom (e.g. motion) and the LUX level is below 25 I want to kick on the hue's in the bathroom. I'm all good with that bit but then I want to wait 10 minutes and if the humidity is on the increase (probably more complex) or above 55% I want to leave the lights on because someone is in the shower or tub. Basically when the humidity drops back down after 15 minutes I want the lights to go back off.

Any thoughts on the best logic for this requirement?
      Don't base your event to tigger off of humidity in the bathroom, base it off of humidity difference.

You will need to create a vitural Devive that takes bathroom humidity, then deducts another rooms humidity = Humidity DIFF. The reason I recommend this, is cause humidty changed thoughout the year and so would you event, doing the way you suggested it would adjust with climate.

Once you get the event working on humidity Difference, then you just need to dial in what's an acceptable threshold.
      Last edited by CharlieWayne; November 18th, 2018, 10:15 PM.
      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

So how would you make it loop? e.g. if the there is motion in the bath room and the lux level is below a certain point turn on the light for 15 minutes then I need it to if the humidity has risen on the virtual machine and wait to turn the light off until the humidity is back to normal. Does that make sense?

Comment

Working...
        X