Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFO Wifi RGB LED Controller

Hi,
    So I purchased a UFO RGB LED Controller to replace the Infrared one I have now.

This device works with iPhone and Android.

Using some packet capture programs I was able to decode the command syntax for the unit.

I am now working on making the VB code to work with Homeseer (2).

Here is my blog post (my wife's blog) -
    http://www.emessaging.biz/blog/?p=629

The post contains the commands and codes I've figured out.

I will post the code once complete, right now it just turns on and generates a random color.

Generating the checksum on the packet was the hard part. But, simple in the end.

huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by Eddiie View Post
      Hi,
      So I purchased a UFO RGB LED Controller to replace the Infrared one I have now.

This device works with iPhone and Android.

Using some packet capture programs I was able to decode the command syntax for the unit.

I am now working on making the VB code to work with Homeseer (2).

Here is my blog post (my wife's blog) -
      http://www.emessaging.biz/blog/?p=629

The post contains the commands and codes I've figured out.

I will post the code once complete, right now it just turns on and generates a random color.

Generating the checksum on the packet was the hard part. But, simple in the end.
      Dane, I know this is an old post but I found a few of the UFO WiFi LED controllers units on Amazon, see https://www.amazon.com/LEDENET-Contr.../dp/B00MDKOSN0

They work really well. I was wondering if you ever worked out a plugin for this device and would be willing to share.

Following you post, the checksum seems easy to calculate for the RGBW if controlled individually, it is when you vary the intensity that has me stumped. If you were able to decode the formula would you be willing to share.

Thanks
      Billy Draper

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
        Dane, I know this is an old post but I found a few of the UFO WiFi LED controllers units on Amazon, see https://www.amazon.com/LEDENET-Contr.../dp/B00MDKOSN0

They work really well. I was wondering if you ever worked out a plugin for this device and would be willing to share.

Following you post, the checksum seems easy to calculate for the RGBW if controlled individually, it is when you vary the intensity that has me stumped. If you were able to decode the formula would you be willing to share.

Thanks
        Sorry for the bump, but I think I'm able to help here.

The formula for the checksum is simply the sum of the bytes, mod 0xFF:
        [Sum of Bytes] % 0xFF

In python, it is expressed as:
        sum([array of bytes]) & 0xFF

In ruby, this is expressed a bit differently, as:
        [array of bytes].reduce(:+) %0x100

I've actually written a full interface for these devices in Python, NodeJS, and in Ruby. I think the Python one is easiest to read, though. Perhaps it can be of more help for you: It is available from here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Comment

I have some "Magic Home Wifi" devices that also use the Magic Wifi app, has anyone got any idea if a plugin exists for Homeseer, they work with Alexa so presume their is a published API?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamKempenich View Post
            Sorry for the bump, but I think I'm able to help here.

The formula for the checksum is simply the sum of the bytes, mod 0xFF:
            [Sum of Bytes] % 0xFF

In python, it is expressed as:
            sum([array of bytes]) & 0xFF

In ruby, this is expressed a bit differently, as:
            [array of bytes].reduce(:+) %0x100

I've actually written a full interface for these devices in Python, NodeJS, and in Ruby. I think the Python one is easiest to read, though. Perhaps it can be of more help for you: It is available from here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
            Excellent, thanks.
            Billy Draper

Comment

Originally posted by alloyd View Post
              I have some "Magic Home Wifi" devices that also use the Magic Wifi app, has anyone got any idea if a plugin exists for Homeseer, they work with Alexa so presume their is a published API?
              There appears to be a number of LED plugins available, however I have not seen a plugin specific to the Magic Wifi RGB LED Controllers. Some of the others could work, not sure. I have a number of these units in my house, they are fairly cheap, found some that were around $12 to control RGBW LED lights.
              Billy Draper

Comment

Working...
              X