Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Cop Z-Wave water valves

Try to do someone a favor...

I purchased 2 Z-Wave Water Cop control valves for an individual who wanted me to help him set up emergency water shutoff. I told him most household water supplies are 3/4" in our neighborhood. Since he was unsure as to the size, I got a 1": and a 3/4" at his request. He said he might use one for his sprinkler system. After two months he has left me stuck with both and has not paid for them or returned any communications. Oh well!

There is not much I can do now. I paid about $120 each and can find them on eBay now for as little as $90. On online retailers they are $130-300.

EDIT: the 3/4" is sold. I have the 1" model left at $80 plus $10 shipping to the lower 48.

Click image for larger version  Name:	watercop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.9 KB ID:	1330649

Click image for larger version  Name:	watercop1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.5 KB ID:	1330650

Click image for larger version  Name:	watercop2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.6 KB ID:	1330651
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

I'll be interested in the 3/4 inch unit... I'd be happy to pay shipping to Canada.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      I'll be interested in the 3/4 inch unit... I'd be happy to pay shipping to Canada.

Robert
      PM Sent

Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        After two months he has left me stuck with both and has not paid for them or returned any communications. Oh well!
        Got burned like that myself once, and usually request money upfront now.

Planned to look at water valves next month at new location as I already got a few Dome sensors for detection ready for inclusion, but getting lightning and AV center finished took priority.

Not even sure the diameter of the pipes in use, but 3/4 or 1" cover most.

Update first post please if you sell 3/4" one to langenet, as I'll be back home Sunday to inspect water pipe situation and measure pipe diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post

Got burned like that myself once, and usually request money upfront now.

Planned to look at water valves next month at new location as I already got a few Dome sensors for detection ready for inclusion, but getting lightning and AV center finished took priority.

Not even sure the diameter of the pipes in use, but 3/4 or 1" cover most.

Update first post please if you sell 3/4" one to langenet, as I'll be back home Sunday to inspect water pipe situation and measure pipe diameter.
          I tend to be trusting and this is the first person to stiff me in a very long time. I still don’t know the story, something may have happened in his world for all I know.

I’ll update the post as soon as Robert decides. 1” to 3/4” reducers are available if needed
          Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

Comment

Yup, reducers would work, but my main concern is how existing pipes are, as I really want to avoid major work. Prefer SharkBite and don't want to end up replacing all the piping just yet

If main water switch is still decent quality, then I'll probably stick to my original plan of adding a Dome valve motor on-top, but I want additional valve control for washer and bathroom/kitchen, which these WaterCop ones look ideal for. That way waterheater is not shut out if basement sensor isn't triggered when leak is in laundry room.

On another note, do you happen to know of any Z-Wave waterflow-rate device/sensor? Want to keep water company honest in their billing. AliExpress sells some hall sensor ones for cheap that I figured I can hook to an Arduino as a Christmas holiday DIY project, but rather buy a complete unit if they exist.

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
              Yup, reducers would work, but my main concern is how existing pipes are, as I really want to avoid major work. Prefer SharkBite and don't want to end up replacing all the piping just yet

If main water switch is still decent quality, then I'll probably stick to my original plan of adding a Dome valve motor on-top, but I want additional valve control for washer and bathroom/kitchen, which these WaterCop ones look ideal for. That way waterheater is not shut out if basement sensor isn't triggered when leak is in laundry room.

On another note, do you happen to know of any Z-Wave waterflow-rate device/sensor? Want to keep water company honest in their billing. AliExpress sells some hall sensor ones for cheap that I figured I can hook to an Arduino as a Christmas holiday DIY project, but rather buy a complete unit if they exist.
              I put mine in using SharkBite adaptors. I don’t know of a packaged water sensor. The only solutions I’ve seen are like you have, some sort of pulse generator counted by an Arduino, Raspberry Pi or similar. My Brultech GEM has several counter inputs that people have used for gas and water metering. There is a hack for gas meters I may try some day, but have not yet.

Both valves are still available as shipping cost to Canada was prohibitive.

Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

Comment

SharkBite adds up, think I spend $500 to redo a bathroom, but it was worth every penny.

I'll check pipe situation out as soon as I'm home and let you know, and might get both.

Comment

Working...
                X