No announcement yet.

Wide variety of OnQ ALC lighting equipment, On-Q Omnistat Multistage Heat pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wide variety of OnQ ALC lighting equipment, On-Q Omnistat Multistage Heat pump

I have a large number of ALC dimmers, switches, interfaces and branch hubs, some used. Also a NIB OnQ 364718-05 multi stage heat pump thermostat (Omnistat). If anyone is interested please contact me and we can work something out.

I have an omnipro2 with an alc 4 branch board. I think it got zapped by lightning a few weeks ago. Will an onq board work in the omnipro? And if so, do you have a 4 branch available?

Comment

Sorry no. I checked and I have single branch interfaces. These will work with Omni and I believe you can stack multiple boards if you can't find a quad.

Comment

I've already got my 4 branch stacked with two other cards, and I think the max is three. Might be wrong. Remind me how many devices can hang off a 1 branch?

Comment

From memory, I think 31.

Comment

Oh yeah, now that I think back it's a daisy chain wiring system, right? Sorry, it's been a few years since we built. Each switch is addressable and control wire is daisy chained rather than home run. I was thinking I could just select the 31 (or however many) switches to attach to the 1 branch card, but it doesn't work like that. The way my house is wired, I'd have to select just one of the 4 runs of switches and the rest would be non-controlled.

I hate that the ALC stuff isn't available any more. Made a big investment in it, thinking that the hardwired control was the way to go. I'll probably start migrating to zwave now. If you happen to stumble upon a 4 branch, keep me in mind. Best of luck.

Comment

Glad you liked ALC. I was the inventor of it a number of years ago. I used it in my last house but I am going Z-wave in one I'm building now. The problem with ALC was the number of connections to each switch if you wanted to control it from many locations using those simple quad buttons. It seems Z-wave will make things simpler but nothing like copper wire for reliability.

Comment

Very cool! There were only a couple of other options available at the time, and the alc looked like it would be a good fit with the omnipro. Which it was, until the board failed. I'm dreading that happening to the omnipro itself since Leviton has dumped it. I started down the HS3 path a few years ago when the writing on the wall for the omnipro became evident. I just wish that homeseer had a solid security system solution.

I was skeptical at first about zwave but it seems to be pretty robust and reliable. So far.

Comment

Working...
                X