Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Network Issue

Haven't been able to figure this out:
    Running HS3 on Windows 7. My network card is set up with a static ip For some reason, whenever it gets disconnected from the router, it sets up the network connection as Public and then I lose remote access until I go in and Disable the connection and re-enable it. Does anyone know of a solution to this?
    Last edited by Alconnell; December 29th, 2017, 09:31 AM. Reason: email responses

Windows 7 Network Issue

You should set HS3 to be in DHCP mode. In the router you should reserve a IP address which is fixed to the MAC address of the HS3. Doing so will ensure any network changes are propagated seamlessly to the end device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Basically Opposite of what I have

So, you're saying assign the static IP on the router but leave the network card DHCP; opposite of the way I have it? I'll give it a try. Thank you.

Comment

Your W7 machine with a static IP address and gateway address should not be an issue.

Move your DNS stuff over to the firewall and only point to the firewall for DNS resolution.

Here utilize static IP addressing for the two Homeseer boxes running in Linux.

I also have Windows servers (still) running and they are also using static IP addressing.

Main subnet (of four) here is using a mask bit of 25.

The network is divided in to subgroups

1 - static IP addresses
        2 - DHCP scope - here keep it small ~ 20 devices?
        3 - DHCP reservations are configured for a few devices or appliances. ~ 10-15 devices (appliances - say like Amazon Echo).

Sounds like a router issue relating to maybe what your DHCP scope is on your subnet or maybe your router cannot handle the traffic on the LAN.

Old combo routers today cannot handle much these days and will get constipated if they work too hard where you need to reset them.

This started probably some 10 years ago or so. Way back the average residence had only a few computers in the house (less than 5 maybe?).

A modification of the current router OS say to OpenWRT or DD-WRT or Tomato will make your old router much more efficient and effective.

Quickie network topology here is:

WAN #1 and WAN #2 to the Firewall
        LAN #1,2,3,4 leave the firewall (and using VLANs).

LAN #1 is the largest with the /25 bit subnet mask.

LAN 2,3,4 are mostly for tinkering (LAN and WLAN).

Main LAN has 3 24 port managed Gb switches and 1 24 port managed GB POE switch.

Personally take your network over to a spreadsheet with every IP on it.

Organize it.

Then reconfigure your network on the spreadsheet.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X