Ubiquiti UniFy AP. HomeSeer event control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubiquiti UniFy AP. HomeSeer event control

I have a Ubiquiti Unify AP-LR access point.
    I am looking for a solution to have HS events controlling blocking/unblocking of devices on the Wifi.

I need this to be able to block access for certain devices at specific times. (And unblock them at other times)
    I have the Unify Controller running on my HS pc. (Win10)

Is there a solution for this.

Originally posted by ldplusse View Post
    I have a Ubiquiti Unify AP-LR access point.
    I am looking for a solution to have HS events controlling blocking/unblocking of devices on the Wifi.

I need this to be able to block access for certain devices at specific times. (And unblock them at other times)
    I have the Unify Controller running on my HS pc. (Win10)

Is there a solution for this.
    is this possible with the Unify API and the Big5 PI?

---
    John

Comment

This link in the Ubiquiti forum may help. https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/User-based-time-control-of-wifi-access/m-p/1490827/highlight/true#M147546
      But it just blocks all devices connected to that SSID.

Some routers allow MAC and/or IP restrictions based on a schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
        This link in the Ubiquiti forum may help. https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/User-based-time-control-of-wifi-access/m-p/1490827/highlight/true#M147546
        But it just blocks all devices connected to that SSID.

Some routers allow MAC and/or IP restrictions based on a schedule.
        Thanks for the answer.
        The Time Based Control can be used until i find the right solution.

I want to control it at an level only possible by HS.
        I have a Location based job, that is used to found out if a kid has been out walking the dog. And only when they have walked the dog, should the Wifi access be permitted.
        I dont want to do it manually.

Comment

I am using ultralogmom PI to see who and when a device logs in/out of my wifi. You could use that. I cannot remember exactly how to set it up, but you basically give the PI access the the Unify log. There you can see mac addresses logging in and out, and create events with that

One example:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
            I am using ultralogmom PI to see who and when a device logs in/out of my wifi. You could use that. I cannot remember exactly how to set it up, but you basically give the PI access the the Unify log. There you can see mac addresses logging in and out, and create events with that

One example:
            i dont see how i can block and unblock a device with the ultralogmon. I need a way to block a device access to wifi at a given time from HS.

Comment

I am not sure about the blocking. I thought you needed a step to find out times devices log on / off to then trigger the blocking / uinblocking. Sorry I wont be able to help, I dont know if that would be possible and how.

Comment

Here's how someone did it with Home Assistant. Link.
                -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                  Here's how someone did it with Home Assistant. Link.
                  Yes, it does the trick.
                  But pretty far from my Windows based Homeseer.
                  Dont think i can use any of it on windows.
                  I am not interested in having to buy some new HW, that can run a OS that supports what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by ldplusse View Post

Yes, it does the trick.
                    But pretty far from my Windows based Homeseer.
                    Dont think i can use any of it on windows.
                    I am not interested in having to buy some new HW, that can run a OS that supports what he is doing.
                    I had thought perhaps the approach could be adapted to Homeseer. I do believe PHP can be used in a Windows environment although I have no experience with it.
                    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

I had thought perhaps the approach could be adapted to Homeseer. I do believe PHP can be used in a Windows environment although I have no experience with it.
                      Php can. But he also install some ‘Unifi Browser’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If it is still needed maybe you could use https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-unifi
                        Here you can send commands to block/unblock a mac adres or disable wifi at all
                        I dont have it running but maybe i give it a try in the future

Comment

Working...
                        X