MyQ Garage Door Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyQ Garage Door Opener

Have a neighbor here not automating adding wireless trinkets...

Google Home, Alexa, WiFi thermostat ....

So he just replaced his GDO with a Chamberlein with MyQ. He cannot configure his MyQ button to his wireless. He sees it in the configuration set up.

He called customer support and they asked him to open up two ports on his firewall. Still not workng.

I told him to return his MyQ button and get a new one. Personally here never connected my GDO to myQ.

Any suggestions?

So opened up ports 53 and 8883 on his firewall for his Android phone. Testing.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.2.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.10.0.104
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

I told him to return his MyQ button and get a new one
    I think you're right

Comment

Thank you Chris.

Yeah here never connected my GDO to the myQ service.

Always have had my alarm panel configured to it and lately tinkering with the mcsMQTT firmware on a SonOff basic which works great....

Neighbor called customer support.

They asked him to open a couple of ports...53 and 8883 on his Cisco-Linksys WAP combo router (which I did). Did not see it being saved so will need to update the firmware on his router.

Other instructions relate to using channel 1 on his wireless router configuration, changing security methodology et al....lots of hoops just to connect.

If it doesn't work he will get a replacement wireless module (which now is part of the Chamberlein GDO).
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
      HS4 Pro - V4.1.2.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.10.0.104
      HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

You may resolve it with the firmware update, as you have noted that is having trouble saving the config, but I'm with you on your initial impression that it is a faulty unit. If all his other wireless devices are connecting without issues and he has a solid signal in the garage it should have configured it in a matter of minutes. Maybe with a little luck your update will do the trick!

Comment

Gonna try the firmware upgrade first. I have suggested replacing the WAP piece of the Cisco-Linksys router with a Ruckus WAP. Only thing is is that I will need to install it.

- Pete

Auto mator
          HS4 Lite -

Comment

Pete How did it go with your firmware update? Or are you busy installing new WAPs?

Comment

Working...
            X