No announcement yet.

Using a SATA Hard Drive w/ Windows XP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can if you want download a do all Linux Umbuntu repair disk. In it will be GParted which will wipe or reformat the drive with any style format. Another thing if you want is to buy a USB to SATA device ($5 on Amazon) and use MiniTools (free) partition manager to wipe and reformat the drives.

Tell me what specfic OS you are using (XP Pro) and what hardware you are using and I can probably make up a disk for you and post it to download.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 Pro - V4.0.9.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete:

I am trying to install XP Pro w/ SP3. The hardware is an Atom DS25 with four Gb ram. The controller is an Intel ICH9R. Hard drive is a WD20EARS.

Very kind of you....

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      You can if you want download a do all Linux Umbuntu repair disk. In it will be GParted which will wipe or reformat the drive with any style format. Another thing if you want is to buy a USB to SATA device ($5 on Amazon) and use MiniTools (free) partition manager to wipe and reformat the drives.

Tell me what specfic OS you are using (XP Pro) and what hardware you are using and I can probably make up a disk for you and post it to download.
      Don

Comment

Don,

Tried earlier to answer; I am not really good though at typing with the cell phone; even with a keypad for it.....what version of XP Pro do you have? There are two flavors; one corporate (assuming you have that one) and one that you just purchase "off the shelf". I am also assuming you have your serial number to such that you can register it on line.

What is the mfg and model number of the motherboard? Should be plug n play. The Atom DS25 sounds like a D525 CPU. Shouldn't be an issue. Give me a day or so; will make sure it boots up here before posting it.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Pro - V4.0.9.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X