Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrunDog
    replied
    I will tell you that I have looked for an app to do this starting AGES ago. Windows file sharing uses CIFS/SMB protocols, Apple does not in the iOS devices. There are NO other apps that I can find that do this (Not Goodreader, etc.). So yay! I will bet that this app uses an un-approved API. Shhhh...

-BD

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    well wadenut.. it works...
    i didnt have much time to mess with it.. but it did what it said..

i could connect to my whs.. and it listed all shares.. then the wife was able to go into photos...
    then launch a photo and swipe finger and it scrolled through them...

now at first it didnt have the thumbnail of the pic but it does now. so im a apple dummy so not sure why that happened.. and i dont want to know..

i dont use my wifes ipod, iphone and now her ipad.. i have no interest..

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    One way to connect is by using the free app PocketCloud. This is a remote desktop app for the ipad that works very well. I use it all the time to access my Homeseer computer. It also has a cloud connection, but I do not use ithat function.

Steve Q

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Let us know. I'm not in need at the moment, but access to my media files would be convenient.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    yeah i saw that...
    guess well give it a try

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    I have no idea but I did find this: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fileb...364738545?mt=8
    Not exactly free, but less than the cost of a BigMac combo.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    started a topic connect windows shares to ipad

connect windows shares to ipad

so what are you guys using to use an ipad and connect to a remote windows share?

i know nothing about apple stuff.. got my wife the new ipad... and she wants to connect to my whs shares..

appreciate your help..

and im looking for a free way..
    i did load My Computer but cant figure out how to get to the shares...
Working...
X