Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• office 2013

anyone using it yet?
    is there any benefit of the ... CLOUD???

ok so today I saw on yammer.. something we use internally.. that someone said office 2013 was released and at a discount..

so i picked up
    Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 Microsoft Visio Professional 2013 Microsoft Project Professional 2013

so going to try them out and see how it went.. for $10 each or $30 I think it will be ok....

so far very candyish icons and looks like crap!!!!!!!!!!
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

I haven't tried it yet but pretty soon I have to make a decision on weather to go with Office 2010 or 2013. I had to replace my wife's desktop and went with Windows 8 on it. Still struggling with that so haven't even thought about what to go with as far as Office is concerned. So far I just hate Windows 8 but i figured i might as well dig into it now and get it over with.

I'm not a big fan of the cloud. I prefer to keep our data private and on site. That could just be me but I am a bit of a doubting thomas when it comes to data security and the cloud.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Running Office 2013. If there's a choice between 2013 and 2010, go for 2013. There's no reason not to.

There's no reason to hate Windows 8 either, but that's another point.

So far I'm loving my new computer at work with Win8, Office 2013 and Visual Studio 2012.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        Running Office 2013. If there's a choice between 2013 and 2010, go for 2013. There's no reason not to.

So far I'm loving my new computer at work with Win8, Office 2013 and Visual Studio 2012.
        yeah i went for the 3 listed in my first post.. office, visio and project.. i dont use project but hey.. $10 why not...

i am waiting for MS to release the win8 non RT edition.. then i will get a new laptop/tablet style as currently I am running a laptop that HAS to be plugged in.. plug jack is jacked up.... so it is a small desktop on my lap on the couch..

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
          i am waiting for MS to release the win8 non RT edition..
          Good luck with that.

I hear there are still people waiting for Microsoft remove the Ribbons from Office and go back to the classic menus.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Good luck with that.

I hear there are still people waiting for Microsoft remove the Ribbons from Office and go back to the classic menus.
            bah some people dont like change..

although I do not like this new eye candy god aweful color scheme on icons..

MS, Adobe, etc... !!!!

this has some good things to day.. also looks like the ribbon is gone...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20126...fice-2013.html

adobe photoshop elements 11

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
              also looks like the ribbon is gone...
              It's not gone, it's very much alove. Thankfully.

Comment

office 2013

Good luck with that.

A year ago I upgraded to Office 2010. I love it but it took a lot of time to learn (find the new locations for all the various commands) and to convert many of my macro driven spreadsheets. At the same time I was learning Windows 7. At the same time I was rebuilding my Homeseer setup on Windows XP Pro. At the same time I was trying to figure out how I could do everything on my new iPad3. At the same time I was learning z-wave and replacing some of my X10 stuff. It was a full time job!

This year there will be Windows 8, Office 2013, HS3, and some new Apple stuff to put my arms around! If I go down this path, by the end of this year, I will have spent 2 years "upgrading". But, my home automation capabilities will be basically the same as they were at the beginning of 2010!!!!!

Is it all "change for the sake of change"? Where is the return on investment? Is it a never ending cycle?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I'm sure I'll get the hang of this sooner or later, I hated Windows xp for the first month or so. It does seem that as a desktop Windows8 is convenient, at least to me, as some other versions. I have finally gotten it to boot right into the desktop where my wife will at least recognize some elements and I won't have to spend my entire day standing behind her.

It just going to take time I'm afraid.
                  Marty
                  ------
                  XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                  Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Where did you find those for $10?

Comment

Originally posted by FeMan View Post
                      Where did you find those for $10?
                      company employee discount.. just ask around your company..

in my last company.. i got office 2007, visio 2007 for $20 each and vista ultimate for $50

and vista was great.. u just needed HW to throw at it..
                      q6600 quad core
                      8gb ram
                      dual 9600gtx video cards in sli

Comment

Re: office 2013

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                        A year ago I upgraded to Office 2010. I love it but it took a lot of time to learn (find the new locations for all the various commands) and to convert many of my macro driven spreadsheets. At the same time I was learning Windows 7. At the same time I was rebuilding my Homeseer setup on Windows XP Pro. At the same time I was trying to figure out how I could do everything on my new iPad3. At the same time I was learning z-wave and replacing some of my X10 stuff. It was a full time job!

This year there will be Windows 8, Office 2013, HS3, and some new Apple stuff to put my arms around! If I go down this path, by the end of this year, I will have spent 2 years "upgrading". But, my home automation capabilities will be basically the same as they were at the beginning of 2010!!!!!

Is it all "change for the sake of change"? Where is the return on investment? Is it a never ending cycle?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                        software companies don't make money without new product offerings. I for one am tired playing the catchup game. heck I only upgraded to Win2k3 about a year and a half ago from Win2k. The compelling reason - .net framework 3.5.
                        My philosophy is if it isn't broken, the upgrades are kept to a minimum. I really have better things to do ...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                          software companies don't make money without new product offerings. I for one am tired playing the catchup game. . . .my philosophy is if it isn't broken, the upgrades are kept to a minimum. I really have better things to do ...
                          +1
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Working...
                          X