No announcement yet.

Help me select a RAID card......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete, where do you find in miniTool how to make the bootable cd?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

MiniTools is here.

The home edition is free (well it was the last time I downloaded it).

Mini Tools

Take your time.

These days most easy partitions to manipulate are the oldest ones that are FAT or NTFS.

Once a raid 1 is built in the raid BIOS (hardware) then it will be always a transparent to the OS as single drive; such that this part is the easiest.

Using a spare drive (which would be over 30 Gbs as mentioned above) is your safety factor relating to keeping your 300Gb drive and data safe until you are finished.

I've been recently helping someone in central Indiana with a similar endeavor; only its all been remote; that is making it a bit difficult; cuz I cannot see it.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
      HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
      HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

I already downloaded miniTool , I just can't figure out where to make the bootable cd in mini tools .
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Apologies Hector; I skipped that part.

Its been so long here using mini tools that my hands are automated and do not tell my head what they are doing.

I do not pay attention sometimes to every step that I do.

The bootable mini tools ISO link is on the top bar of the mini tools partition manager.

Well here I just clicked on it and it takes some 30 seconds for it to bring up the Mini Tools web page to download the bootable image.

It will download an ISO to burn a CD with.

If you do not want to wait you can also do the following.

I would just wait for the link from minitools application to come up.

Here is an alternative ISO download link.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/download...301-51034.html

Note that it doesn't create the bootable CD Rom disk. It just downloads it.

Here is a program I use to burn CD/DVD's. It is free. I've been using it for years. Note too that I only utilize this program to burn ISO images to disk; nothing else.

ImageBurn

Just put a blank CD or DVD into a CD/DVD burner. Point your explorer to downloaded ISO image; right click and tell it to use Imageburn. Image burn will load up; check your blank disk and write the ISO image to the disk. You can test the bootable minitools image with any computer; it doesn't automatically do anything.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
          HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
          HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

@Hector,

Curious about the outcome of your endeavor. More to share for other folks doing similar.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            HS4 Lite -

Comment

Today Charlie and I are going to start the procedure, I started on my own, but I stop, I feel unsecure. I am sure after seeing it done once I will understand. I would apreciate if you can be in watch of this thread in case we fall in some kind of issue, thk u Pete for sharing your vast knowledge, I am very happy that you are part of the great people in this forum.
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Thank-you Hector. Baby steps....you cannot go wrong and you will be fine. Charlie is a good helper (he's been learning a lot with his engineering mind)...

I guess it relates to mostly the way I explained what to do and how to do it and if I did miss something while writing.

I've been playing with this stuff (well computers in general) since the 1980's and today I am older and slower .....computer stuff in the 80's relating at the time to just doing books (accounting stuff)...and here hoping that I did explain the process OK for you.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                HS4 Lite -

Comment

Tomorrow were going to take a crack at this. I don't have much experience with XP or software for it. I think based on your suggestions of the 2 backup software programs we should be able to get this raid working.

Sent from my htc Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
                  HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                  PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                  HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Did you get your BIOS drivers updated?
                    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                      Did you get your BIOS drivers updated?
                      Hi Charlie, I got the raid up and going, thks for your help and also Pete which helped me go thru this endeavor, next time we meet dinners on me
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                      X