Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Added HS2 to Win 8.1 startup, but doesn't start

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Added HS2 to Win 8.1 startup, but doesn't start

    I'm shutting down my very old XP box and moving HS2 to a Win 8.1 box. I've hit two snags. First, as stated in the title, HS2 doesn't start, even though it appears in the Task Manager startup tab. Anyone have HS2 auto starting on under Win 8.1?

    On a related note, I have a script that reads a network drive, that worked perfectly under XP and Win 7. I'm getting a Win 8.1 error that it can't find part of the path.

    Dim objFile As New System.IO.StreamReader("W:\\scriptlog.txt")

    Did something change in Win 8.1 with file naming/structure?

    Thanks,
    Barry

  • #2
    I haven't tackled the startup issue yet, but I will have to in the coming days since moving to Windows Server 2012. I'll let you know if/when I work around this.

    On the file naming, the structure hasn't changed with Windows 8. Are you sure the drive is being mounted at startup?
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

    Comment


    • #3
      For some strange reason I had to start HS3 from a .cmd and add the .cmd to startup on Windows 8.1.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by reidfo View Post
        I haven't tackled the startup issue yet, but I will have to in the coming days since moving to Windows Server 2012. I'll let you know if/when I work around this.

        On the file naming, the structure hasn't changed with Windows 8. Are you sure the drive is being mounted at startup?
        See this for accessing the startup folder http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167076

        I tried the path name instead of the mapped drive (ie Dim objFile As New System.IO.StreamReader("\\HS3\logfiles\scriptlog.txt") and that worked. The network drive was reconnecting on startup

        Originally posted by mhn View Post
        For some strange reason I had to start HS3 from a .cmd and add the .cmd to startup on Windows 8.1.
        Thanks, I'll give that a try.
        Barry

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mhn View Post
          For some strange reason I had to start HS3 from a .cmd and add the .cmd to startup on Windows 8.1.
          Meant to follow up - Placed the .cmd in the folder and all is well. Thanks for the tip.

          Barry

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
            Meant to follow up - Placed the .cmd in the folder and all is well. Thanks for the tip.

            Barry
            Does this require UAC to be turned off to avoid the prompt?

            Thanks
            Gary

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
              Does this require UAC to be turned off to avoid the prompt?

              Thanks
              Gary
              I've shut down my HS2 box for now, so can't check, and I don't remember if I had to UAC turned off.

              The cmd file worked great.

              Barry

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                I've shut down my HS2 box for now, so can't check, and I don't remember if I had to UAC turned off.

                The cmd file worked great.

                Barry
                Thanks for the feedback Barry. I'm hoping someone can confirm a solution that does not require UAC to be turned off.

                Gary

                Comment

                Working...
                X