X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kbevo
    replied
    Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
    I've shut down my HS2 box for now, so can't check, and I don't remember if I had to UAC turned off.

The cmd file worked great.

Barry
    Thanks for the feedback Barry. I'm hoping someone can confirm a solution that does not require UAC to be turned off.

Gary

Leave a comment:

• lhfarm
    replied
    Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
    Does this require UAC to be turned off to avoid the prompt?

Thanks
    Gary
    I've shut down my HS2 box for now, so can't check, and I don't remember if I had to UAC turned off.

The cmd file worked great.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Kbevo
    replied
    Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
    Meant to follow up - Placed the .cmd in the folder and all is well. Thanks for the tip.

Barry
    Does this require UAC to be turned off to avoid the prompt?

Thanks
    Gary

Leave a comment:

• lhfarm
    replied
    Originally posted by mhn View Post
    For some strange reason I had to start HS3 from a .cmd and add the .cmd to startup on Windows 8.1.
    Meant to follow up - Placed the .cmd in the folder and all is well. Thanks for the tip.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• lhfarm
    replied
    Originally posted by reidfo View Post
    I haven't tackled the startup issue yet, but I will have to in the coming days since moving to Windows Server 2012. I'll let you know if/when I work around this.

On the file naming, the structure hasn't changed with Windows 8. Are you sure the drive is being mounted at startup?
    See this for accessing the startup folder http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167076

I tried the path name instead of the mapped drive (ie Dim objFile As New System.IO.StreamReader("\\HS3\logfiles\scriptlog.txt") and that worked. The network drive was reconnecting on startup

Originally posted by mhn View Post
    For some strange reason I had to start HS3 from a .cmd and add the .cmd to startup on Windows 8.1.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• mhn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• reidfo
    replied
    I haven't tackled the startup issue yet, but I will have to in the coming days since moving to Windows Server 2012. I'll let you know if/when I work around this.

On the file naming, the structure hasn't changed with Windows 8. Are you sure the drive is being mounted at startup?

Leave a comment:

• lhfarm
    started a topic Added HS2 to Win 8.1 startup, but doesn't start

Added HS2 to Win 8.1 startup, but doesn't start

I'm shutting down my very old XP box and moving HS2 to a Win 8.1 box. I've hit two snags. First, as stated in the title, HS2 doesn't start, even though it appears in the Task Manager startup tab. Anyone have HS2 auto starting on under Win 8.1?

On a related note, I have a script that reads a network drive, that worked perfectly under XP and Win 7. I'm getting a Win 8.1 error that it can't find part of the path.

Dim objFile As New System.IO.StreamReader("W:\\scriptlog.txt")

Did something change in Win 8.1 with file naming/structure?

Thanks,
    Barry
Working...
X