Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
    I was able to recover!
    Does that mean you did a clean install of 8.1, then were able to upgrade to 10?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      Does that mean you did a clean install of 8.1, then were able to upgrade to 10?
      Before I started I did a backup of my activation files.

After the failed upgrade I did a clean install of Win 8.1 and restored my activation. I then then upgraded to 10. All done logging in with my MS account.

Finally I did a clean install of Windows 10. So long as you use your MS account all the way through the final clean install of Windows 10 somehow recovers your activation and installs activated. You do have to skip the section where it asks you to input a key.

I have all my data on a separate pool and disconnected those drives during the process so didn't compromise any files. Obviously I have had to reinstall all my programs.

The benefit is I have a clean install but it was a ball ache and had the initial upgrade worked I would have preferred that route.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
        The benefit is I have a clean install but it was a ball ache and had the initial upgrade worked I would have preferred that route.
        Thanks for the details. I have a Win7 machine that I haven't used for a while. It was going to be my 'test' system to see how well the upgrade to 10 would go. But it won't complete the upgrade.

I pulled out another unused Win7 computer and it upgraded without issue, so now I'm trying to decide if I should do a recovery on the balky one and try the upgrade again with a clean install of Win 7 or wait a while to see if MS comes up with a fix.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Start windows update and let it run. If it fails to update all then find the failed patch, which is most of the time a knowledge base patch, on the MS site and install it by hand. Next rerun the updater. That is how i solved the failing update on a old win7 system.

btw, it failed for me in installing a MVC4.0 patch

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
            Start windows update and let it run. If it fails to update all then find the failed patch, which is most of the time a knowledge base patch, on the MS site and install it by hand.
            It's not a Win7 patch that is failing. The machine is up to date. It's the Win 10 conversion that fails. All it gives is an error code. (C1900101-20004)

The error has been around since beta testing, but every case is different. What works for one person does not work for another. I tried all the suggestions, but none got me a successful conversion.

I did remember that I had a dusty upgrade to Win 8 Pro that I hadn't used, so I tried that. I now have the machine on Win 8 and am working through about a gazillion updates. Once I have an up-to-date 8.1 I'll try the conversion to 10 again.

Comment

I see a lot of posts where people have installed Windows 10. I did not see one where someone has tried HS on it yet.

I am still running the latest available versions of HS2. Home Seer seems to run on it fine, however every time I launch it it asks "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your PC?"

This seems quite strange, as I have installed a LOT of other software already, some of it new, some of it old as HS2. HS is the only one triggering this message so far.

I have been using Home Seer for a LONG time now, and I am what would be termed an "Advanced User" when it comes to PC's. I was actually on the beta team for HS2 before it was released.

Any ideas on how to solve this one?
              Visit My Home Seer Site at:
              www.JohnWPB.com
              Created with LCARS

Comment

Originally posted by johnwpb View Post
                I see a lot of posts where people have installed Windows 10. I did not see one where someone has tried HS on it yet.
                Randy (rprade) is running HS3 on Windows 10 http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...23&postcount=3

I will be trying it on my Win 10 VM this week
                cheeryfool

Comment

Here using it only maybe as an HSTouch 3 / Speaker dot exe client. Installed HS3 Touch and speaker and text to speech fonts and it is working fine with a multitouch 17" LCD monitor using a PiPoX7.

Looking maybe to purchase the PipoX8.

I have shut off all the extra stuff and it shuts itself off (suspends) just fine until I touch the screen.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
                  HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
                  HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                    Randy (rprade) is running HS3 on Windows 10 http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...23&postcount=3

I will be trying it on my Win 10 VM this week
                    it is and has been running fine since August 29. I first installed it on a physical server for a few days, then on my VM. HomeSeer was moved to the VM a week ago and has been running constantly since. Edge browser seems to work very well with HS as well -much better than IE.
                    Randy Prade
                    Aurora, CO
                    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by johnwpb View Post
                      HS3: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175984

HS2: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175989

Comment

Working...
                      X