How install HP smart media server to Win7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How install HP smart media server to Win7

hi all, I have a HP smart media server model EX475 ( it's kinda old )that I'm having problems installing the software to a win7 PC (HS server). The server came with a software disc to install on different PCs on your network so it can share with server,but it seems that it doesn't like win7. I tried googling be issue but I only see results for vista. Have anyone achieved installing this software on a windows7 PC before?
    Last edited by Rotech; September 15th, 2015, 12:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    hi all, I have a HP smart media server model EX475 ( it's kinda old )that I'm having problems installing the software to a win7 PC (HS server). The server came with a software disc to install on different PCs on your network so it can share with server,but it seems that it doesn't like win7. I tried googling be issue but I only see results for vista. Have anyone achieved installing this software on a windows7 PC before?
    There used to be a different installation version buried somewhere on the server that you needed to use for Win 7 and up. I think they recommended you to create an install disk from it. I did have it working at one point on Win 7, but was never able to get it to work on Windows 8.1. Just upgraded to Win 10 and haven't tried again. My EX475 is still running and I use it as storage and can still RDP on to the machine, but I no longer have the ability to do the machine back-ups that it was designed for.

I saw various posts around the internet with people trying to upgrade the WHS machine itself to a newer OS, but nothing really stood out as 'this is the one', so I gave up. I did put in beefier RAM and CPU soon after buying it, which did make it a lot more responsive than the original poor specs.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks for you reply. The thing is that there nothing said about creating a disk. The only mention was a recovery disk and I don't think that's going to revolve the issue. I tired there web site a cant find anything regarding win7.
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        Thanks for you reply. The thing is that there nothing said about creating a disk. The only mention was a recovery disk and I don't think that's going to revolve the issue. I tired there web site a cant find anything regarding win7.

Hector

Try this if you haven't already from your PC

1. Navigate to \\YourWHS\
        2. Open the Software folder
        3. Open the Home Server Connector Software folder
        4. Click on setup.exe
        5. Optional- if you are running a x64 Windows OS and setup.exe is only letting you install the 32-bit version, you can also find the x64 installer in that directory

You will almost certainly want the x64 installer mentioned in point 5
        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
          Hector

Try this if you haven't already from your PC

1. Navigate to \\YourWHS\
          2. Open the Software folder
          3. Open the Home Server Connector Software folder
          4. Click on setup.exe
          5. Optional- if you are running a x64 Windows OS and setup.exe is only letting you install the 32-bit version, you can also find the x64 installer in that directory

You will almost certainly want the x64 installer mentioned in point 5
          I went thru steps 1 thru 4 and all seams ok. Don't know if it installed x64 ver was installed.
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
          X