Quatech Serial Ports with Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quatech Serial Ports with Windows 10

Anybody using a Quatech Ethernet-Serial Server with Windows 10?

I don't see any updated drivers:

http://www.bb-elec.com/Products/Ethe...rt-Series.aspx
    Attached Files
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

I got this response from Quatech (B&B Electronics)

Ticket #: 4493792
    Subject: Tech Support Request Form
    Solution: [Oct 7 2015 12:18PM] : Thank you for your inquiry,

We only support up to Windows 7 on the ESE serial device servers.

Best Regards

I know that they work in Windows 8, so I am hopeful for Win 10
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

did you try it yet? win7 or win8 drivers should work... we have used win10 now in production at work and we have some OOOOLD stuff where even the vista drivers worked...

hope ya get something going...
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Haven't made the move to Win 10 yet.
        One of my Atom Shuttles won't upgrade past Win 7, but I am going to put it out of HomeSeer service anyway as it isn't powerful enough.

I suspect that the Quatech drivers will work but need to be sure.
        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
          I suspect that the Quatech drivers will work but need to be sure.
          Good news, as a POC, I installed the Quatech drivers on my little PiPo X8 running Windows 10. They installed 1,2,3!

I haven't actually tried the serial ports from the PiPo but they are all there in the Device Manager.

This little PiPo blows my mind. Windows 10 is super fast on it. Makes a great little windows (or Android) client for HS Touch.

http://www.amazon.com/TOZO-Desktop-W...0_SR160%2C160_

Pete, maybe I will run Cumulus on it.

DSteiNeuro
          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

I am currently running old Cumulus on a Wintel 32 bit server box. It has been like this for years now.

Testing CumulusMX on the RPI2 and it runs fine.

I have yet to try CumulusMX on the PipoX7.

Will give it a try as the RPi2 is next to the PiPoX7 box.

Communications / dialog with BB-Elect indicated to me that they no longer support the Quatech boxes in Wintel or Linux.

Thinking this happened when B&B purchased Quatech, Inc in 2011.

I did politely tell them off in my last email to them relating to support as I am pretty sure that there is a large user base of said devices.

Personally I do not think that the new owners (B&B) ever did get familiar with the Quatech products that they sold.

Well now they are not B&B Electronics and known as B&B SmartWorx. They have reinvented themselves.

Too bad the name will probably not change their piss poor Quatech customer service/support methodologies.

I have been running a couple of Wintel plugins on Windows talking remotely to the Ubuntu HS3 box and its been working.

I do have connectivity to the Quatech servers, Lantronix USB network server(s) and Digi Anywhere USB server (to a Digi Hub to 2 Edgeports) just fine on the VB running on the Ubuntu box. I can also redirect the Wintel VB serial ports to the mothership serial ports. A serial port is a serial port. I have USB Pims connected to the Quatech servers (around the home) to test signals and I have used this connection in the VB with UPB Upstart just fine. Will try the UPB plugin remotely running talking to the mothership in the next few days. (this would be the UPB plugin running on Wintel talking to the Mothership running in Ubuntu).
            Last edited by Pete; October 12th, 2015, 10:10 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
            HS4 Pro - V4.0.9.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
            HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X