No announcement yet.

Woke up dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we tried an undercabinet tv/radio once and it didnt last long.

with my new live tv streaming anywhere... and our kitchen is apart...
    WAF was up a bit but she didnt say it.
    we used her ipad on easter on the migshift kitchen so she could watch food network on her ipad while we made perogies.

my thing now is out with the tvs... in with ipads (im not a apple fan) or android tablets or mini win10 boxes that I can run plex or kodi for tv.

they sell an under cabinet ipad mount which I will be looking at getting when the kitchen is done...
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Yeah here the under the counter bracket pivot was around $100 at the time. Thinking they are cheaper now.

It allow you to fold the TV up against the counter bottom. It is very sturdy DIN mount and has a very small footprint and you do not see the screws inside of the kitchen cabinet as they are counter sunk in to the wood. It was a PITA to install.

Wife's sister has gone to using a tablet in the kitchen.

Mostly though the LCD TV thing was about the sound and size. (sound maybe cuz wife's hearing is not as good as it used to be and it is around a 17" wide screen)
      Last edited by Pete; April 5, 2016, 12:45 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
      HS4 Pro - V4.1.2.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.10.0.104
      HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

I hate to hijack the hijack but, along with the repaired board + a few spare parts and some cobbled cables + a salvaged yard sale USB DVD drive which happened to be SATA inside and the addition of a new SSD (240G) bought on sale dirt cheap, now have a ready to go drop in replacement for my HS machine fully assembled and ready for the next emergency. Total cost... $85.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Good news Greg!

Yeah here hijacked your original thread.

So the repaired board is back to your primary HS box?

I had to purchase 10 of the caps from Amazon even though I only needed one.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
          HS4 Pro - V4.1.2.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.10.0.104
          HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

No, I'd already bought a spare board to match the new one. That's sitting in the closet right now awaiting some accessories (box, memory, power supply) which I ought to have by early next week. Having an identical HS box ready to go will simplify things down the road.
            This one I think will become a dedicated instrumentation machine in the garage to be used with my oscilloscope, logic analyser, microscope and anything else I may think to add to the bench in future.
            I put a DVD drive in this one. It was a cheap Staples (Office Depot to you) USB drive I had laying around. When I opened it, I realized the drive itself was SATA with a USB interface board attached. Removed that, got a short used mSata cable free from my dealer and plugged it in to the MB. Works.

I'd ordered a load of caps online to repair the original MB (< $10) but don't expect those for some time. I dug out an old dead MB from the garage which was destined for the landfill as I had no use for it. When I realized I could use some of the caps from it I proceeded to completely depopulate it. The extra caps and some other parts from it are in my spare parts bins now. Glad now I didn't throw it out last summer; otherwise I may well have scrapped the original HS board as well. Checked -- I'd originally installed this HS board back in 2009. It's lasted nearly seven years and now may well run for another seven.

Comment

Got my caps today. I had to purchase 10 and went to Amazon such that I paid to have them shipped in two days.

Soldered cap on and tested LCD TV. Worked fine.

Put it back together and installed it back under the kitchen counter.

The substitute LCD was smaller and the sound was so so such that it was low on the WAF.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              HS4 Lite -

Comment

Edgeport settings

The old MB had one external serial port to which I'd had the Z-Troller connected. The new board didn't have an external port, only two onboard serial port headers. So, the best option at the time was to simply connect my Z-Troller to one of the Edgeport/8 serial ports.
                Since then I've had annoying delays sending and sometimes receiving Z-Wave communication. Watching the Z-Troller display, it appeared that several commands were being queued up before being dumped to the Z-Troller all at once.
                Decided this morning to move both the Z-Troller and the WGL800 to the onboard ports. Problem is I can't find any of the many compatible header/connectors I know I have here somewhere. Ordering more would take too much time and I know if I did that, I'd trip over the connectors I have an hour later.

[NOW, I'm mentioning this for future reference and in case anyone else should ever run into similar issues]

Turned to the Edgeport/8. Thinking there must be something I could do with it to improve the performance. Checked all of the standard Windows port settings: "allow to turn off to save power", FIFO size, etc, etc. No improvement.
                A little online research turned up the Edgeport configuration utility. Actually found it already installed. I'd never before looked at this, beyond probably originally assigning the COM ports years ago.
                There are several flags to be set that seem to relate to port performance; specifically "Low Latency", and also "Fast Writes" and "Fast Reads". Set all three for all 8 of the ports.
                BINGO! Delays seem to be non-existent now, at least so far. Even the X10 motion sensors (on the W800) seem to react more quickly. The next day or so will tell.

Comment

Excellent find, Wadenut - thanks for sharing!
                  HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
                  68 Z-Wave Nodes, 174 Events, 326 Devices
                  UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                  Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                  HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                    The old MB had one external serial port to which I'd had the Z-Troller connected. The new board didn't have an external port, only two onboard serial port headers. So, the best option at the time was to simply connect my Z-Troller to one of the Edgeport/8 serial ports.
                    Since then I've had annoying delays sending and sometimes receiving Z-Wave communication. Watching the Z-Troller display, it appeared that several commands were being queued up before being dumped to the Z-Troller all at once.
                    Decided this morning to move both the Z-Troller and the WGL800 to the onboard ports. Problem is I can't find any of the many compatible header/connectors I know I have here somewhere. Ordering more would take too much time and I know if I did that, I'd trip over the connectors I have an hour later.

[NOW, I'm mentioning this for future reference and in case anyone else should ever run into similar issues]

Turned to the Edgeport/8. Thinking there must be something I could do with it to improve the performance. Checked all of the standard Windows port settings: "allow to turn off to save power", FIFO size, etc, etc. No improvement.
                    A little online research turned up the Edgeport configuration utility. Actually found it already installed. I'd never before looked at this, beyond probably originally assigning the COM ports years ago.
                    There are several flags to be set that seem to relate to port performance; specifically "Low Latency", and also "Fast Writes" and "Fast Reads". Set all three for all 8 of the ports.
                    BINGO! Delays seem to be non-existent now, at least so far. Even the X10 motion sensors (on the W800) seem to react more quickly. The next day or so will tell.
                    Can ya tell us which setting you changed? Ive got a 4port hooked up...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

specifically "Low Latency", and also "Fast Writes" and "Fast Reads". Set all three
                      Jury's still out though. While the result did seem immediate, I've had one instance so far of the "queuing up" effect I mentioned. Maybe other issues in play here.

Comment

Attached is a picture of the settings called port rags.

I have never played with these settings before. That said I have not had any delays here with the HS2 stuff. (note I am using all 16 serial ports).

I do have 3 W800's configured on the Edgeport 8 and 3 Cheaper RFID devices hooked up.
                        Attached Files
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        HS4 Lite -

Comment

Well, it seems this hasn't helped much (on the other hand it hasn't hurt).
                          I did verify this morning that even though HS shows a device has been turned On/Off, there is sometimes still a several second delay until the Z-Troller is getting the data, so the problem still exists somewhere between HS and the Troller (Windows, USB port or Edgeport). Not sure, perhaps a reboot is necessary for the settings to take effect. There's no mention of this in the Edgeport manual. There is a logging option however. Perhaps that will turn up something.
                          The W800 is also on the Edgeport along with several non time noticeable devices, but doesn't seem to be affected.

Just noticed my drivers are dated 2006 while the info in the manual shows 2013. Maybe an upgrade is in order.

Back to hunting for my connectors.

Comment

Here do not see said options on the Linux HS3 mothership with the Digi Edgeport.

I am still running Wintel server(s) for HS2 and did change the options as you mentioned.

Only Z-Wave plus here via the RPI2 GPIO card only. Secondary HS3 Z-Wave controller is a Leviton serial VRCOP.

What do you have connected to what version of the OS and HS3?
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            HS4 Lite -

Comment

Found one, but it's 25 pin. Not what I'd prefer as it means using an adaptor, or modifying the cable.

Meantime found this info on Windows power management of USB hubs.
                              Seems windows doesn't always respect the Power Management settings on individual USB hubs.
                              So...
                              Added this key to the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USB]
                              “DisableSelectiveSuspend”=dword:00000001

The info I found actually applied to Win7 but seems to have been accepted in XP.

This also has the effect of removing the power management tabs from the device manager altogether.

Edit: Later removed this key.
                              Last edited by Wadenut; April 16, 2016, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that info Greg.

I am having issues with my test Windows 10 Homeseer 3 client and now having issues with the newest Homeseer 3 client running on XP embedded relating to this USB crap.

The issue that I am having is that I shut off the backlights on the touchscreens at night. That said if I touch the screen it wakes up.

Now shutting off the back light shuts off the USB connected touchscreen pieces such that I cannot wake up the screen touching it.

I am only seeing this with the newest HS3 Windows client which bugs me.

Found out my issues. Enabled your registry add. My issues here related to installing Zigbee USB drivers. Removed them this morning.

I have no idea what you are writing about here.

Found one, but it's 25 pin. Not what I'd prefer as it means using an adaptor, or modifying the cable.
                                Last edited by Pete; April 12, 2016, 07:53 AM.
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                HS4 Lite -

Comment

Working...
                                X