Backup Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Question

I'm planning on buying an external 3Tb drive to back up a couple of computers and was wondering how people are doing this...
    COPY C: seems a bit caveman.
    Don

Acronis for Windows and 'dd' for Linux.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    68 Z-Wave Nodes, 174 Events, 326 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

windows server 2012 R2 Essentials - connector client backs client machines up to the server.

Then Stablebit drive pool houses all pics,movies, etc via the server share.
      I like this as if the server dies you can take any drive out and put it into a pc and access the files. Also works with different size drives....

so lets say I had 4 x 500gb drives and wanted to go to 2tb drives. You click remove on one, wait for it to finish, power down , remove drive, add new drive, power up and add that drive to the pool and keep doing so until you have all 2tb drives. Maybe a better way but im always doing things the long way.

My drivepool is 5 x 2tb drives. I have some folders set to 1x, some 2x and some 3x. I dont see a need for 5x
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Tks
        Don

Comment

I still utilize a program (you have it) called drive snapshot for my Wintel boxes.

HS2 on Wintel server takes 15 minutes to back up to the NAS box.

Drive Snapshot is still on your Joggler Don such that you do not have to purchase anything new. Just copy the directory from your Joggler.

You do not have to install it; everything is in the directory for running it.

You can just schedule a backup or manually do an image in vivo with it.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
          HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
          HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Didn't know that. Thanks Pete.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            I still utilize a program (you have it) called drive snapshot for my Wintel boxes.

HS2 on Wintel server takes 15 minutes to back up to the NAS box.

Drive Snapshot is still on your Joggler Don such that you do not have to purchase anything new. Just copy the directory from your Joggler.

You do not have to install it; everything is in the directory for running it.

You can just schedule a backup or manually do an image in vivo with it.
            Don

Comment

Did a quickie test updating drive snapshot to most current version 32 bit/64 bit. Works fine.

Email me and will provide you some granular details about upgrading it.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
              HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
              HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
              X