Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete
    replied
    Did a quickie test updating drive snapshot to most current version 32 bit/64 bit. Works fine.

Email me and will provide you some granular details about upgrading it.

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    Didn't know that. Thanks Pete.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    I still utilize a program (you have it) called drive snapshot for my Wintel boxes.

HS2 on Wintel server takes 15 minutes to back up to the NAS box.

Drive Snapshot is still on your Joggler Don such that you do not have to purchase anything new. Just copy the directory from your Joggler.

You do not have to install it; everything is in the directory for running it.

You can just schedule a backup or manually do an image in vivo with it.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    I still utilize a program (you have it) called drive snapshot for my Wintel boxes.

HS2 on Wintel server takes 15 minutes to back up to the NAS box.

Drive Snapshot is still on your Joggler Don such that you do not have to purchase anything new. Just copy the directory from your Joggler.

You do not have to install it; everything is in the directory for running it.

You can just schedule a backup or manually do an image in vivo with it.

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    Tks

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    windows server 2012 R2 Essentials - connector client backs client machines up to the server.

Then Stablebit drive pool houses all pics,movies, etc via the server share.
    I like this as if the server dies you can take any drive out and put it into a pc and access the files. Also works with different size drives....

so lets say I had 4 x 500gb drives and wanted to go to 2tb drives. You click remove on one, wait for it to finish, power down , remove drive, add new drive, power up and add that drive to the pool and keep doing so until you have all 2tb drives. Maybe a better way but im always doing things the long way.

My drivepool is 5 x 2tb drives. I have some folders set to 1x, some 2x and some 3x. I dont see a need for 5x

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Acronis for Windows and 'dd' for Linux.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    started a topic Backup Question

Backup Question

I'm planning on buying an external 3Tb drive to back up a couple of computers and was wondering how people are doing this...
    COPY C: seems a bit caveman.
Working...
X