X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
    It depends on what is hooked up to your UPS. The cheaper battery is only 7 Amp Hours while the more expensive one is 18 Amp Hours. I would bet that one of them is not the correct battery. I have about 10 OLD APC Back-UPS 650's. They use a generic 12AH battery instead of the two APC "cartridge" batteries they came with. MUCH cheaper and they last reliably about 4 years.

It's all in the Amp Hours. If you just need it to help skip past short drops in power, choose the cheaper one. If you need to run a PC, modem, NAS and a host of wall warts for an hour, my money would be on the 18AH UPS.

Try a different vendor. I buy mine from Amazon. Think the last set were ExpertPower. Ones before that were Universal Battery Supply. All have lasted 4 years. I replace them after 4 years. I could maybe stretch it to 5, but probably wouldn't get 20 minutes from them.

Rob
    correct so my apc 1000's require 2 batteries. Already took them apart. and the cheaper ones that are 7ah x 2 are 14ah so not the big difference you are mentioning on 7ah vs 18ah

Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
    Did you notice about halfway down the page that you need 2 of the $35 batteries? I just received 3 batteries for 3 UPS last weekend from Amazon. I needed two of one of them and didn't figure that out until they arrived. That was one heavy little box already. Still something doesn't add up. A 1000 needs two 18 aH batteries and a 1500 needs one 7 aH battery? It appears all of the generic replacements are the same AJC brand regardless of who you order them from. Mine were also.

yeah i took mine apart already. I always do to make sure what I need. and alot of time you can find a model number and search for that and get comparable replacements.

Leave a comment:

• mikaluch
    replied
    Did you notice about halfway down the page that you need 2 of the $35 batteries? I just received 3 batteries for 3 UPS last weekend from Amazon. I needed two of one of them and didn't figure that out until they arrived. That was one heavy little box already. Still something doesn't add up. A 1000 needs two 18 aH batteries and a 1500 needs one 7 aH battery? It appears all of the generic replacements are the same AJC brand regardless of who you order them from. Mine were also.

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    IT DEPENDS!

It depends on what is hooked up to your UPS. The cheaper battery is only 7 Amp Hours while the more expensive one is 18 Amp Hours. I would bet that one of them is not the correct battery. I have about 10 OLD APC Back-UPS 650's. They use a generic 12AH battery instead of the two APC "cartridge" batteries they came with. MUCH cheaper and they last reliably about 4 years.

It's all in the Amp Hours. If you just need it to help skip past short drops in power, choose the cheaper one. If you need to run a PC, modem, NAS and a host of wall warts for an hour, my money would be on the 18AH UPS.

Try a different vendor. I buy mine from Amazon. Think the last set were ExpertPower. Ones before that were Universal Battery Supply. All have lasted 4 years. I replace them after 4 years. I could maybe stretch it to 5, but probably wouldn't get 20 minutes from them.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• jrfuda
    replied
    I put generic batteries from batteryclerk in my 900va cyberpower ups that stopped working and it works great now. Lasted some 45 minutes last week during an outage, with me eventually powering down itself (maybe a few more minutes left). I also have batteryclerk generic replacements in the APC 500va that my Hometroller S2 is hooked up to... and it's lasted through multi-hour power outages.

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    I've got an APCSUA750 and the 2 original APC batteries lasted 3 years. Next I tried cheap knockoffs and they only lasted a year. I went back to original APC batteries and annoyingly they only lasted 2 years. So this time when a battery alarmed as I was in a rush to leave and close the house for 3 months I went and got BatteriesPlus Duracell Ultras, so I'll see how those go.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Here went to Powersonic for my OP2 panels.

I did have one short out in last couple of weeks. It was on the shelf and I should have thrown it out cuz it was an old one. Rather I went to see if it would hold a charge and in one day it swelled up / split but didn't leak anything.

First time I have ever seen this with a Powersonic or any of the batteries I have used. It is my fault for not throwing it out. I change the batteries here on the panels every 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    I did go with knockoffs in my Chamberlain garage door opener a couple of summers ago. I have yet to test them this spring but as of the fall, they were still good. The originals had only lasted two years, so even if I do need to replace these again, I've still saved a bundle over the OEM batteries.
    Worst case in the event of a shorted cell would be a blown fuse in any case if the charging circuit doesn't regulate well enough. Generally, these things end up swelling and splitting the case when they do get old, but I've never seen anything leak from a gel cell.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    example you can see 7ah, 8ah, 9ah and from different manufacturers..
    https://www.batteriesplus.com/batter...0g?q=rs%201500

but the one im looking at is
    http://www.batteryclerk.com/products...Z8WRoCMl_w_wcB

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
    I can only speak for the 1500. Mine is about 5 years old now and I'm surprised the original battery is still going strong. Good to hear it's cheap though.
    Me, I'd hold on to both, repair the 1500 for use now and keep the other on hand for some potential future application.
    well depends..
    you need 2...

so i think they are knockoffs..
    i see 7ah - $13 each plus shipping
    apc is 9ah - $41 each found locally.

anyway... my question is, is it worth going cheaper? I am the hey it is cheaper and works 80% vs 100% and I at times accept that... so

what would you do?

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    I can only speak for the 1500. Mine is about 5 years old now and I'm surprised the original battery is still going strong. Good to hear it's cheap though.
    Me, I'd hold on to both, repair the 1500 for use now and keep the other on hand for some potential future application.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    started a topic UPS - which to keep

UPS - which to keep

Ok so I have 3 ups in my possession all need new batteries..

I have
    2 x - APC SUA1000XL
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...p?EdpNo=708633

1 x - APC Back-ups RS 1500
    http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemd...ujiBoCwfzw_wcB

was given all 3 for free just need batteries.
    You would think the 1500 is better.. HOWEVER..
    the 1500 batteries are cheaper?

should I just go with the 1500 for now as I only want to get one working for now...???

$14 - 1500 battery
    http://www.batteryclerk.com/products...Z8WRoCMl_w_wcB

$34 - 1000 battery!!!!!!!
    http://www.batteryclerk.com/products...JCD18SH2105594
Working...
X