Isssues with excessive CPU use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
    I'm at .68 and it appears stable. Using .94 of the designer but sometimes it is problematic.
    I am also sticking with .68. None of the recent betas have fully populated my default HSTouch clients. Entire location groups of devices are missing.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

I guess the hot setup would be to wait until Rich gets all this straightened out. I upgraded to Designer 3.0.0.49 and the elements in HSTouch move from the correct string to 'WTO' which I'm assuming is some sort of time out. Back to .68

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      I am also sticking with .68. None of the recent betas have fully populated my default HSTouch clients. Entire location groups of devices are missing.
      Outch! My head... and I thought I had it together. :-)

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      @Don,

Did you know you started asking about this last year in 2016. Time flies lately.

Today is September 2, 2017.

There are a few pages of comments relating to the updates in HSTouch server and client.

It got really convoluted after a bit. I personally got frustrated and quit testing,
      downgraded back to where I started then all was fine. (except for HSDesigner).
      Don

Comment

Is it looking better now Don?

Other issues with HSTouch versions past V.36 was the display of gif files. I utilize Jeff's weatherXML plugin to download maps for HSTouch use.

There are still some weird cache files issues with the HSTouch screens where the variables seem to stick and not change.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Much better. Going on 12 hours without things coming to a stop.

Thanks for the advice. Guess we are stuck here until Rich cycles back to HSTouch.
          Don

Comment

Well it's been back and forth relating to features sets and uniqueness of the variety of OS nuances and HSDesigner. There are many differences today relating to iOS, Android, Linux and Windows. It was easier when HSDesigner only did the Windows CE screens way back. I still have one in wall CE (not Homeseer) client that works fine today but I do not really use it.

The Linux HSTouch client has really never been updated so it only kind of works.

Mostly on the Android stuff you have to root the phone / tablet to get it doing stuff. Most folks do not root their provided by telco cellular phones. Here have never purchased a phone from a telco and many times the phone were provided to me at work for testing stuff (tethering) many years ago.

Rich is caught between a rock and a hard place here as it would almost be a complete rewrite of the HSDesigner program.

The whole upgrade stuff was to repair some ancillary issues. That said last HSTouch version on Homeseer 2 wouldn't let me use more than 3-4 touchscreens and only for a few days before HS2 would abend. It is much better today.

Relating to the Jogglers here running embedded XPe I have kept it very simple. Only thing that I have tested recently is running a VPN IPSec client on the Joggler to the mothership from the internet and it's worked well. Old fashioned here a bit keep my cellular phones mostly in the off state (even though all of the accounts are basically unlimited this or that). Wife never turns on her phone unless she wants to use it and doesn't text today (never has).
            Last edited by Pete; September 3rd, 2016, 10:08 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
            HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
            HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Good point. I have two iOS clients, two Android clients and your Joggler. The Joggler is the only one that works the way I like it, ie. turning the screen off. So that one is bedside. The Android, HST table model, lacks the ability to turn off the screen, and has a base that is too light to be really practical. The iPads are a pain to install, but cosmetically are as attractive as the Joggler.

The things I like about the Joggler are a substantial base, dimming, and the ability to VNC into it.

All in all, I can't complain and dread the day Rich says he has enough.
              Don

Comment

Yup; here utilize Jon00's network management tools for the Jogglers. While they are on a schedule from the HS Mothership. You can do anything with them locally...via HSTouch.

Upgrading the NIC firmware you can now suspend them if you want.

Joggler most hardware modded here is running Ubuntu Linux. I installed a 5 port mini hub to the back of it and inside put an RTC backed up clock. It does fine with everything except HSTouch. IE: runs squeezebox, KODI, streams TV, CCTV et al type of stuff.

I have your Cisco. Figured out that best non invasive to hardware update was to just boot XP from a USB connected SSD drive tacked on to the back leaving the Wireless / Bluetooth alone. Works way better than a regular USB stick. Don't recall if I got the sound working as it is a different audio chipset than the regular Joggler / Openpeak stuff.
                Last edited by Pete; September 3rd, 2016, 11:45 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                HS4 Lite -

Comment

Wasn't going to ask about that. :-)

It's too bad that a new version of a Joggler can't be had. For me they are about the best design.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  I have your Cisco. Figured out that best non invasive to hardware update was to just boot XP from a USB connected SSD drive tacked on to the back leaving the Wireless / Bluetooth alone. Works way better than a regular USB stick. Don't recall if I got the sound working as it is a different audio chipset than the regular Joggler / Openpeak stuff.
                  Don

Comment

I didn't want to open up the case as I had a practice motherboard out for the same device. What I wanted to install on the mother (well and tested) was too big and wouldn't fit closing the case. Openpeak also made the case sort of non easy to take apart.

The Openpeak (Jogglers) are still around.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    HS4 Lite -

Comment

Working...
                    X